NPD: 3Q-1

What's Hot
GassageGassage Frets: 30875
edited January 2017 in FX
Just received this wonderous pedal off @garfy (very good packer he is too)

I have to say I am utterly blown away by it. It's a midboost light OD/EQ and it delivers like nothing I've heard in years.

I also know Mingus (Pete's son) had the idea for this one and it's amazing.

Basically, imagine a non OD lead sound that lack some hair- this is the precise amount of hair you need.

10/10.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• sgosdensgosden Frets: 1993
    I must say I'm enjoying you trolling the 'pedal boards of doom' Facebook page. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • What do you mean "non OD lead sound that lacks some hair"?

How does ot compare to your SS-3? If you decide to move either on, you know where I am, James, specially the SS-3.

Congrats on getting them so quickly.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30875
    sgosden said:
    I must say I'm enjoying you trolling the 'pedal boards of doom' Facebook page. 
    me? troll?

What do you mean "non OD lead sound that lacks some hair"?

How does ot compare to your SS-3? If you decide to move either on, you know where I am, James, specially the SS-3.

Congrats on getting them so quickly.
    Nothing like an SS3.

It's like an EP Booster with a 3 band EQ.

• Is it a clean boost eq? Or does it have it's own distortion? 
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7763
    edited January 2017
    So its the Fender Ltd Edition version of a Thorpy Peacekeeper 
  • Wait, Pete Cornish named his son Mingus?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Wait, Pete Cornish named his son Mingus?
    Yes
  • robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3038
    So, let me get this straight... The latest piece of guitar-related equipment you have just bought is the best thing in the whole world, **ever**?

There only remains one thing left for me to say to you:

DIBS!

R.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • philrob1 said:
    Wait, Pete Cornish named his son Mingus?
    Yes
    School must've been tough. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ruomaruoma Frets: 67
    How's it compared to the CC1? Lately I pretty much use the CC1 as a solo booster, to add a bit more bass and presence. Wish it would sound just a tiny bit more neutral though.
  • garfygarfy Frets: 144
    ruoma said:
    How's it compared to the CC1? Lately I pretty much use the CC1 as a solo booster, to add a bit more bass and presence. Wish it would sound just a tiny bit more neutral though.
    Thats exactly how it is, transparent as you like. Best boost/ultra light drive pedal I've tried/had...ive had a few ;)
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30289
    garfy said:
    ruoma said:
    Thats exactly how it is, transparent as you like. Best boost/ultra light drive pedal I've tried/had...ive had a few ;)

Is that why you sold it?
     :) 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Just plugged it in again.

wow is all I can say

i wasn't actually going to sell it but was asked very politely if I would. My ST-2 pushes things very nicely for me and I really didn't need to have both. But if the need should arise again I wouldn't hesitate to buy another. 
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4722
    Congrats on the new pedal Gassage   :) 

Just had a look on the Pete Cornish website to learn more.  It's described as:  
    New for 2016 is the Battery-Free 3Q-1™ - a completely new active EQ pedal combined with a high gain Linear Boost and built in Input Buffer and output Line Driver.Following on from the variable gain Linear (Clean) Boost is a three band active EQ using frequencies I have specifically tailored to suit guitars. Being active, the three tone bands can be both cut and boosted as desired with the zero or neutral point being 12 o'clock on each control knob.

I have included a second fixed gain linear boost stage after the tone circuit to compensate for any reduction in overall volume when the tones are in "cut" mode. The benefits of this active tone circuit, compared to the usual passive (Cut only) tone circuit is that the three bands are completely independent and there is no inter reaction between the Bass, Middle and Treble tone controls.

A
    n output Master Volume is included to allow for perfect matching between bypassed and boosted/EQ’d signal level and there is plenty of signal headroom available to overdrive amp inputs if required. My well established Class A input buffer and radio frequency suppressor is, of course, included and the output buffer impedance is low; to easily drive long cables or other loads without loss of signal or tone.
    Looked for a demo vid of the 3Q-1 but not found one yet.  New these pedals are £450 - so very much top-end gear.  

Be interested in hearing this puppy in action - any chance of you making a demo vid that we can all drool over?  :)
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    garfy said:
    i wasn't actually going to sell it but was asked very politely if I would. My ST-2 pushes things very nicely for me and I really didn't need to have both. But if the need should arise again I wouldn't hesitate to buy another. 
    Marc, I think it's got more hair than this ST2

Yeah for sure,  around 3 o'clock on the volume is where the magic starts to happen. Have you tried it with the J40 yet?
    garfy said:
    Yeah for sure,  around 3 o'clock on the volume is where the magic starts to happen. Have you tried it with the J40 yet?
    No mostly thru the Hiwatt.

God I hope it's shit with the lazy....something tells it will be F@&king Amazing tho ;)