Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

the Guitar Show, 2017

What's Hot

Comments

• @Jason Thanks.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    Roland said:
    theFretBoard badges will be printed this Friday. Anyone who wants a badge, and hasn't yet said they're coming, needs to say so in this thread before Thursday night. Otherwise you will have to hand write your own with a felt tip pen.
    Roland,

Badge please, if not too late ....

Cheers
  • @Roland Whoops... was I meant to ask for a badge for me and Mrs Strat_a_tat_tat (bass player) in my earlier post tonight? If so... here's the formal request for two badges. :-)
  • Badge for me, please! 
    Just call me Winger, as that's what I'll be doing lol...
  • AdamskiAdamski Frets: 1278
    I'm going! Probably too late for a badge. 
  • DanDan Frets: 440
    Gonna try and make it. If its not too late for a badge, could I put my name down please?
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    I'll be able to be there all day on Sunday, arriving midday-ish. What time does everything wrap up, and are there any plans for drinks etc afterwards? Need to know when to book a return ticket back to London.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8679
    Badges are now printed. @Dan just made the cut. Unannounced visitors will be able to crayon their own, Blue Peter style, when they visit theFretBoard stand.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • JasonJason Frets: 1103
    tFB Trader
    Bucket said:
    I'll be able to be there all day on Sunday, arriving midday-ish. What time does everything wrap up, and are there any plans for drinks etc afterwards? Need to know when to book a return ticket back to London.
    The show closes at 17.00.
    The Guitar Show, Cranmore Park, Birmingham | Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Podcast
    Jason said:
    Bucket said:
    Ok, great - anyone sticking around to do anything afterwards?
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27419
    Bucket said:
    Jason said:
    Bucket said:
    Ok, great - anyone sticking around to do anything afterwards?
    The after-show in Saturday.

I imagine on Sunday eve, most peoples will be heading home to be ready for work on Monday morning ...
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4436
    edited February 2017
    Yeah I'm heading up first thing (and I mean first thing... will be zonked...) Saturday morning... then heading back Sunday night. Under my circumstances I apologise for not making any big purchases - I will just have to dream about other gear and check what I like on the day! :)
  • Will be good to see you. :)
    Fair enough - got a train back to London booked for 7:15 or thereabouts. Gives me time to grab some food and get my shit together after presumably having my mind blown by the gear on display :lol:
  • I too shall be there, given we've missed the badge deadline, I suggest tattoos instead? It would be helpful to have my name written on me somewhere to be honest...
  • Good to see you guys & gals, too!
    I think that although I'm really an acoustic n00b, it's something I'm getting into a lot more these days. Although my guitar passion isn't quite burning right now, it will be great to try all these different fancy guitars I've only heard about, including braz wood guitars, fancy acoustics especially, that sort of thing.
  • bob21bob21 Frets: 170
    To those who have already got tickets - are they e-tickets or real paper ones? Just trying to work out whether to get them now or on the door - thinking postie might not get here in time if they're paper!
  • bob21 said:
    To those who have already got tickets - are they e-tickets or real paper ones? Just trying to work out whether to get them now or on the door - thinking postie might not get here in time if they're paper!
    It's not the kind of thing that sells out - imagine it as a large, busy guitar store rather than as a theatre type experience. Apart from saving a small amount of money and a few seconds on the door I don't see any advantage to buying in advance.

Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Yeah I'm just buying at the door and I was told we get a reduced price for second day earlier in the thread.
  • JasonJason Frets: 1103
    tFB Trader
    bob21 said:
    You will still get them, if they haven't turned up its not a problem as I will have all names of pre purchases.

The print at home tickets would on the surface be easier, but actually the need, to hire the scanners and then the software to make sure you haven't printed it off 20 times make it a real pain in the bum (and very expensive)

But don't worry you will be able to buy on the day if you prefer
    The Guitar Show, Cranmore Park, Birmingham | Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Podcast