Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

the Guitar Show, 2017

What's Hot

Comments

• I'll be coming and would love a badge. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Modulus_AmpsModulus_Amps Frets: 2574
    tFB Trader
    Jason, can we have "play in the key of " half hours, so everyone knows they have to play in a certain key, might make things a bit more musical for those of us there all day.

or maybe some backing tracks through the PA for the whole venue to play along with, actually that might just make a big youtube viral hit..... or not

Looking forward to it though.
  • JasonJason Frets: 1103
    tFB Trader
    Jason, can we have "play in the key of " half hours, so everyone knows they have to play in a certain key, might make things a bit more musical for those of us there all day.

or maybe some backing tracks through the PA for the whole venue to play along with, actually that might just make a big youtube viral hit..... or not

Looking forward to it though.
    Many years ago, I tried to get everyone to play Johnny B Goode, half played it in the original key of B, half played it in A, it was horrible  :)

The Guitar Show, Cranmore Park, Birmingham | Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Podcast
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Jason, can we have "play in the key of " half hours, so everyone knows they have to play in a certain key, might make things a bit more musical for those of us there all day.
    I think getting everyone to play clean instead of crushing ultra-gain would probably help with the fizz factor.

Unlikely to happen, though, and it might upset Thorpy :D
    <space for hire>
  • DanDan Frets: 440
    @Roland Great stuff, thanks.

• AdamskiAdamski Frets: 1278
    @Roland as I replied before Dan I'm guessing I've got a badge? No worries if not! Thanks
  • I'm thinking about popping by on Saturday but unfortunately something has come up and I may only be able to make it for a couple of hours in the afternoon.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to make it any year yet, so to those who have been in previous years, do you think it's worth going for 2-3 hours? Or do I really need a whole day to get round all the stands?

Also, in your experience do many of the vendors have decent deals on lower priced stuff (pedals, practice amps, ukuleles, cases etc)? I won't be buying a guitar at all but there are a few sub-£150 bits of kit I'm on the lookout for.

Thanks!
  • @geetarguy85 - yep, 2-3 hours should give you enough time to get round and have a look at everything, just not really in-depth except on a couple of stands. And curry, don't forget the curry.

There tend to be quite a few "show-only" prices, and if there aren't then people are usually cool with a little haggling.
    <space for hire>
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28285
    I wasn't going to be free at the weekend, but I may now try and get up there for Sunday. Don't fancy an hour and a half in the car but I generally love shown when I'm there.
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Well, not to break any hearts but I think I'm not making it after all. Bad news strikes again for the other half. Can't leave her this weekend I dont think 
  • Should be there on Saturday. :)

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27435
    Should be there on Saturday. :)
    We'll put your badge on eBay @HarrySeven - just to make sure that you see it.
    ;)
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ToonToon Frets: 57
    I'm going tomorrow. I love the way the website says "PLEASE BE AWARE THAT YOUR SAT NAV MAY TAKE YOU TO THE WRONG ADDRESS"

Errrrr....... thanks guys. It would be REALLY helpful if you followed that statement up with the RIGHT address.

#helpyourcustomers

I am not young enough to know everything

• Toon said:
    I'm going tomorrow. I love the way the website says "PLEASE BE AWARE THAT YOUR SAT NAV MAY TAKE YOU TO THE WRONG ADDRESS"

Errrrr....... thanks guys. It would be REALLY helpful if you followed that statement up with the RIGHT address.

#helpyourcustomers
    I noticed that last year but it was sign posted but the sat nav takes you elsewhere but very near. You'll find it :)
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • JasonJason Frets: 1103
    tFB Trader
    Toon said:

#helpyourcustomers
    The address IS correct, for some reason, the cheaper SAT NAVs go elsewhere if you put just the postcode in, I'm not sure what else I can say. #tryingtohelpmycustomersbutcanthelpiftheirsatnavshaventupdatedthevenuehasbeenherefor7years
    The Guitar Show, Cranmore Park, Birmingham | Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Podcast
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TTony said:
    Should be there on Saturday. :)
    We'll put your badge on eBay @HarrySeven - just to make sure that you see it.
    ;)

I'll be checking later! :)

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• By the way...is there a definitive list of who's going on what day?

Saturday (early onwards) for me.

• GadgetGadget Frets: 895
    I'll be there all day from first thing Saturday.
    I think, therefore.... I... ummmm........
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8693
    By the way...is there a definitive list of who's going on what day?
    There's a list of 67 people who said they'd be going, and we've printed badges for them. There are three (?) more who missed the print deadline. You'll find their names in this thread. What we don't know is who will turn up unannounced.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Me, I'm gonna turn up unannounced! Mainly because I only realised I was going yesterday !
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom