Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

the Guitar Show, 2017

What's Hot

Comments

• JasonJason Frets: 1103
    tFB Trader
    Roland said:
    theFretBoard badges will be printed this Friday. Anyone who wants a badge, and hasn't yet said they're coming, needs to say so in this thread before Thursday night. Otherwise you will have to hand write your own with a felt tip pen.
    Can I have one?

The Guitar Show, Cranmore Park, Birmingham | Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Podcast
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27455
    Jason said:
    Roland said:
    theFretBoard badges will be printed this Friday. Anyone who wants a badge, and hasn't yet said they're coming, needs to say so in this thread before Thursday night. Otherwise you will have to hand write your own with a felt tip pen.
    Can I have one?

oh yes.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    tFB Trader
    TTony said:
    Jason said:
    Roland said:
    Can I have one?

oh yes.
    :)
    The Guitar Show, Cranmore Park, Birmingham | Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Podcast
  • I'm usually very-well prepared for trips like this but I think I'll be relying on gmaps to get me everywhere. Totally off the 'cuff!
    That's OK, I have to use Google Maps every time I go to the show, and I've been there for the last 3 years... :D
    :)
  • Guitar_SlingerGuitar_Slinger Frets: 1489
    edited February 2017
    Don't worry Tom -  I was looking at the map yesterday.  It told me that  after getting off the coach at Digbeth, the 16 bus to Hockey Circus stops right outside the show.

@Roland Can I have a badge too please?
  • jaytmonjaytmon Frets: 168
    Yes please to badge. I am hoping to make it up too, not sure if it'll be Sat or Sun as yet.
    I will be armed with earplugs this year!
  • RichardjRichardj Frets: 1538
    Richardj said:
    I will be in the UK that week, if I can sort out the logistics to get from Sarfend up to Brum I'll be there on Saturday.......

Helpful hints and and tips for trains etc. would be greatly appreciated.
    Train tickets etc. booked....... I'll be there on Saturday.
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Right, i'll be there Sunday afternoon all by myself, I'll come hang out for a bit! BADGE PLEASE!
    joeyowen said:
    Right, i'll be there Sunday afternoon all by myself
    I think @Jason is hoping for one or two other people to turn up, so you'll probably not be quite all by yourself.
    ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    TTony said:
    joeyowen said:
    Right, i'll be there Sunday afternoon all by myself
    I think @Jason is hoping for one or two other people to turn up, so you'll probably not be quite all by yourself.
    ;)
    Just a few more would be nice, keep the wolf from the door, put food on the table etc etc.

To be honest, I'm bloody grateful for the support and glad you all turn up. The show this year seems to be taking on a life of its own, so many new exhibitors, new acoustic hall, advance tickets are up (not much, but up is up) web hits up over 10%, social media interaction up massively. I may stop panicking soon :)

I'm facebooking live at this years show too, I even have a presenter with an old pal, Simon Bradley (ex Guitarist Mag)

So if you have already bought a ticket or are planning on coming - Thank You, I really do appreciate it.

Oh and if you have questions for the Meet Your Maker session with @ThorpyFX @chrisv, Tim from Bare Knuckle, Ade from Orange and Patrick James Eggle from... well Patrick James Eggle please post them up here.

See you next weekend.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6130
    tFB Trader
    can i have a badge too?
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8701
    edited February 2017
    Yes. Anyone who posts in this thread will get one. If Im not paying attention then that may even include people who post to say that they are not coming
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2084
    Badge please ....coming sunday I reckon.

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • I'm hoping to be there, most likely on the Sunday.
  • bob21bob21 Frets: 170
    Hoping to be there on the Saturday. Bringing a mate who has a bit of a GAS problem - hopefully should stop me spending too much myself!!
    So that's one badge for @bob21 and another one for @bob21's mate?
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    bob21 said:
    Hoping to be there on the Saturday. Bringing a mate who has a bit of a GAS problem - hopefully should stop me spending too much myself!!
    Keep him away from the curry then.
  • bob21bob21 Frets: 170
    @TTony ;
    Sadly he's not 'one of us' so not sure much point..
    Though he really ought to be, the amount he buys/sells!
  • Change of plan... me and Mrs Strat_a_tat_tat will be there on the Sunday (can't make the Saturday - even though the live stage at the show looks a bit better on that day). We'll be the ones nursing massive hangovers.

What's parking like up there?

tFB Trader

Change of plan... me and Mrs Strat_a_tat_tat will be there on the Sunday (can't make the Saturday - even though the live stage at the show looks a bit better on that day). We'll be the ones nursing massive hangovers.

What's parking like up there?

it gets quite busy, but traditionally its quieter on Sunday, if the venue is full there is loads of on the road parking around the venue.