Terry Morgan 59 Reissue

What's Hot

Comments

• LodiousLodious Frets: 1942
    If Gibson wanted to finish Terry off, they could double bluff and start putting Terry's name on their guitars....that would fuck his reputation up pretty quickly ;-)
    19reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6838
    edited January 2017 tFB Trader
    Plectrum said:
    impmann said:
    GSPBASSES said:
    Then if Gibson decide to do something about these fake’s and the police get involved they will be seized and they will be destroyed. So be prepared to see your £7000 fake going up in smoke.

NOT TRUE.

Nobody is going to seize or destroy a 'fake' guitar unless it is for sale. At that point it becomes intent to supply counterfeit goods and yes you can have it impounded.

It is not an offence to own a fake. It is an offence to sell one.

Correct. But it's also illegal to create fake goods. Terry Morgan has committed a criminal offence with every fake Gibson he's made. He may well up in prison.
    I'd imagine a few inmates well up in prison, once they realise what they've done.

You keep grinding that TM axe mate, it'll soon be sharp enough to slice through all the replicas out there ;-)
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CloudNineCloudNine Frets: 4256
    Apparently Spanish cedar was used on some early 52's 

I think they used both types tbh or whatever they could get hold of
      Thought maybe the Spanish Cedar would be identifiable, it smells amazing. It is a type of mahogany as far as I know, but it definitely smells a lot different. Suppose that could fade over many years, not sure.

I bought this earlier in the year. McInturff Carolina Standard. It is Spanish Cedar, weighs 8lbs on the dot, Florance Voodoo 59 pups, just an unbelievable single cut. I have owned a few Historics and played loads when I was searching for one a few years back. Also had the Huber and Collings versions but this is a level above all of them. No way could go back to a Gibson LP after this. All the good aspects of an LP intact, all the annoying bits taken away. Tone is the best of any I have played personally.

Never played one of these top secret replicas, but would be interested to have a go. I definitely wouldn't want to pay the prices they go for though..

0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GSPBASSESGSPBASSES Frets: 2339
    tFB Trader
    I'm putting the final touches to a potential deal to acquire a Terry Morgan 59 Reissue
    And you wish you'd never mentioned it?
    I'm debating about having a sweep stake to see how far it gets
    I'll put a £1 on four more pages (all winning FB).

Your life will improve when you realise it’s better to be alone than chase people who do not really care about you. Saying YES to happiness means learning to say NO to things and people that stress you out.

https://www.facebook.com/grahame.pollard.39/

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stuagustuagu Frets: 334
    Neil said:

stuagu said:
    Hi,
    Gibson will just have a word ( threaten with legal action ) with small one man operations like this, i believe they did so with the wonderful guitar maker sid poole when his guitars were a little "close".and im guessing they dont go further than that probably because they dont really threaten gibsons reputation or business, they produce better guitars in miniscule numbers.

I believe Sid's Les Paul's were signed "Les Poole". :)
    Thats true, i wasnt trying to say he didnt , but i believe his later les pauls didnt stick to the typical gibson les paul design exactly, not having the indent at the top of the headstock etc... so just varying it enough not to be in breach of copyright. Wonderful guitars. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    GSPBASSES said:
    I'm putting the final touches to a potential deal to acquire a Terry Morgan 59 Reissue
    And you wish you'd never mentioned it?
    I'm debating about having a sweep stake to see how far it gets
    I'll put a £1 on four more pages (all winning FB).
    I'll have a £1 each way on a Mod "Right, this has run it's course, we're going in circles" intervention....
    (formerly miserneil)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    Let's at least get it to double figures page count. Any pics yet Mark can't wait to see it.
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30289
    I'm a bit surprised by some of the enthusiasm for these Terry Morgan replicas. When Music Ground do it, everyone's up in arms.
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24797
    Sassafras said:
    I'm a bit surprised by some of the enthusiasm for these Terry Morgan replicas. When Music Ground do it, everyone's up in arms.
    'Lol' duly awarded....
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1372
    The entitlement of some people. I can't imagine anyone caring enough to spend several thousand pounds and go outside the law just to get a guitar that looks like the one their boyhood idols played. It's not like anybody worth listening to plays one of these extra-legal overhyped planks anyway.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • DanielsguitarsDanielsguitars Frets: 3288
    tFB Trader
    CloudNine said:
    Apparently Spanish cedar was used on some early 52's 

I think they used both types tbh or whatever they could get hold of
      Thought maybe the Spanish Cedar would be identifiable, it smells amazing. It is a type of mahogany as far as I know, but it definitely smells a lot different. Suppose that could fade over many years, not sure.

I bought this earlier in the year. McInturff Carolina Standard. It is Spanish Cedar, weighs 8lbs on the dot, Florance Voodoo 59 pups, just an unbelievable single cut. I have owned a few Historics and played loads when I was searching for one a few years back. Also had the Huber and Collings versions but this is a level above all of them. No way could go back to a Gibson LP after this. All the good aspects of an LP intact, all the annoying bits taken away. Tone is the best of any I have played personally.

Never played one of these top secret replicas, but would be interested to have a go. I definitely wouldn't want to pay the prices they go for though..

I'm making a Spanish cedar one now in amongst others and i hope it comes out as good as it smells, not to mention the light weight
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14180
    tFB Trader
    capo4th said:
    Let's at least get it to double figures page count. Any pics yet Mark can't wait to see it.
    hopefully tomorrow
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    Sassafras said:
    Musicground only sell genuine 59 Gibson Les Paul's ? 
    3reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DanielsguitarsDanielsguitars Frets: 3288
    tFB Trader
    After 10 pages what have we learned, not alot really

Should've been called the marmite 59 les paul
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
    One of my Les Paul's made form Cedrela (Spanish Cedar) .

Your life will improve when you realise it’s better to be alone than chase people who do not really care about you. Saying YES to happiness means learning to say NO to things and people that stress you out.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    (formerly miserneil)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16647

Spanish cedar is the Terry Morgan 59 burst of the wood world.

Its not actually Spanish, or a cedar.   Its from south America and is part of the mahogany family 

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11570
    tFB Trader
    WezV said:

Spanish cedar is the Terry Morgan 59 burst of the wood world.

Its not actually Spanish, or a cedar.   Its from south America and is part of the mahogany family 

Lifted from Wikipedia

Cedrela
     is a genus of several species in the mahogany family, Meliaceae.[1] They are evergreen or dry-season deciduous trees with pinnate leaves, native to the tropical and subtropical New World, from southern Mexico south to northern Argentina.[2][3] The name is derived from a diminutive form of Cedrus (cedar).
    Cedrela odorata
     is a very important timber tree, producing a lightweight fragrant wood with very good resistance to termites and other wood-boring insects, and also rot-resistant outdoors. The wood is often sold under the name "Spanish-cedar" (like many trade names, confusing as it is neither Spanish nor a cedar), and is the traditional wood used for making cigar boxes, as well as being used for general outdoor and construction work, paneling and veneer wood. It is also used for the necks of classical guitars, as well as the linings (interior strips of wood that attach the top and bottom of the guitar to the sides). Some species are now CITES-listed, in particular Cedrela odorata.[4] It is also grown as an ornamental tree, and has become naturalized in some areas in Africa, southeast Asia and Hawaii. The other species have similar wood, but are less-used due to scarcity.

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

tFB Trader
    Just to clarify the wood I have used in the past is Cedrela from  Africa. I always put in brackets after Cedrela  "Spanish Cedar". This is more so people can identify with the type of  wood  as opposed to the exact wood. South American  Cedrela  has not been available for many years I believe it was one of the first mahogany type woods  to be banned  from being cut down and exported .  Fortunately Africa has no such ban on this wood at the present time.  I believe the name  Spanish cedar derived from  South America Cedrela being used by Spanish guitar makers many centuries ago.  I do not actually use Cedrela  any more for the construction of solid body guitars,  my only used for this now is for making kerfed linings.

• WezVWezV Frets: 16647
    Don't sink my funny ship with facts. :)
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom