Caline CP-05 pedal power supply

What's Hot
ragingbenragingben Frets: 107
I've been meaning to set up a second board for ages, just something for using at home so I can still play with the pedals that aren't on my gigging board. The one thing that's held me back is having to splash out for a new power supply. 

After Christmas I was browsing eBay when I saw the Caline CP-05 for under £17 delivered. 10 outputs, 7 x 9v at 100ma, 1 x 9v at 500ma, 1 x 12v and 1 x 18v I decided to take a punt. It arrived today, first impressions really good, surprisingly solid for the money, cables are decent quality, even has switchable leds on the outputs. 

It's now on the spare board, everything is wired up and running and I'm happy to report it is as silent as a mouse! Ridiculously good for the money, well recommended.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Guitars-Gear/Paleo-Caline-CP-05-Guitar-Effect-Pedals-Supply/B01IPET6F2
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    I had one for about 15 minutes, noisy, not isolated and I thought it was overall pretty sketchy
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ragingbenragingben Frets: 107
    edited January 2017
    Must have been a dodgy one, none of those issues from mine. Do they claim they are isolated? There is no way I'd expect it to be for the price. It's never going to be a rival to the top boys, but for the price and what I'm using it for it is excellent value.
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1769
    ragingben said:
    Must have been a dodgy one, none of those issues from mine. Do they claim they are isolated? There is no way I'd expect it to be for the price. It's never going to be a rival to the top boys, but for the price and what I'm using it for it is excellent value.
    That Amazon listing says "Ten isolated output" - would be interesting to know if they actually are isolated
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    BigMonka said:
    ragingben said:
    That Amazon listing says "Ten isolated output" - would be interesting to know if they actually are isolated
    They're not, definitely.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7332
    edited January 2017
    is a YTube vid where these units (under several brand names) are stripped down and scruitinised...

If you fussy about isolated then go and spend your £200 pounds.... but many users getting good service from these cheap units.

Is also a YTube vid discussing how different PSUs can make to your tone
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
  • It's playing live in places with poor mains quality or earthing that the true isolated and individually regulated output supplies are worth the money in preventing noise, at home the One Spot is fine but live it's variable, some places fine others you get induced hum.  A Decibel Eleven true isolated supply fixed it all once and for all for me.