Elektron Analog Drive, everything we hoped the Riverside would be?

professorbenprofessorben Frets: 5105
" Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17604
    tFB Trader
    I didn't think the clips sounded all that special.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    I've watched part of the Andertons demo. I'm not sure their set up / use was exactly optimised to get the best out of it but if you had a MIDI based set up and needed a bunch of overdrives then it makes sense. But, like the Riverside, you have a lot of options within this budget so, I guess, you look at this thing because you like the functionality and then get the drives to work for you. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • kjdowdkjdowd Frets: 852
    I got hold of one as a versatile OD option for the home board. Takes a bit of dialling in but sounds good to me. 

I'll do some clips when I get a mo. 
    This weeks TPS is about the analog drive. Great piece of kit - sounds great, really flexible and not silly money considering what you get. Smaller enclosure would be nice but then there are 8 pedals in there I suppose. 

Being super critical a more usable fuzz sound would have been preferable, but I suppose that's personal preference and plenty will love the octave fuzz. 
  • clarkefanclarkefan Frets: 808
    Watch the TPS demo.

Not sure what was so great about it to be honest.  Who's it for? Personally I have no need for low gain or fuzz (though to be fair the TPS guys sounded very Hendrix demoing that, like the first time I ever heard fuzz sound like a specific Hendrix track, very cool).

Oh, a little whinge.  That Pedal Mick, for the love of god stop wheeling out SRV every time there's a bloody tube screamer mentioned,  I can't take any more. Surely somebody else has used one? Play some Gary Moore licks or something. ANYthing. 

I guess it's for anyone who needs a variety of decent drive sounds recallable by preset. I can think of a number of uses for it. Function band looking to cover a lot of bases, for one, or for someone who plays across a few different styles. 

With a midi switcher you could cover an awful lot of ground with just one pedal (albeit a large one...)