SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FT: Grovers, WTTF: Klusons

Tex MexicoTex Mexico Frets: 1196
edited March 2014 in Guitars £
I have a set of Grover roto-grip tuners in chrome with tulip buttons. They're on my brand new Les Paul and are therefore in excellent condition. They're the ones with the thumb-wheel on the back.

I want to trade them for a set of Gibson/Kluson tuners with pearloid tulips, i.e. the ones that used to come with Gibson Les Pauls. In really good condition, ideally. Nickel/chrome finish please.

No cash adjustment required (mine are about 75% more expensive than yours but I don't mind). Each pay our own postage. Based Preston, Lancs.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Tex MexicoTex Mexico Frets: 1196
    Bump?
  • LoobsLoobs Frets: 3831
    If only they were gold. BTW, you want to put this in the classifieds. 
    Ah yeah. Sorted, cheers!
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11590
    tFB Trader
    ah - i was too late - have two sets as new here :(

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    @Felineguitars - Think he meant he had moved it to the classifieds :)

@felineguitars, No I still need tuners, I meant I'd sorted the right forum.

tFB Trader
    Doh! Silly me.....

Do you need ones that have the bolt down collars- think these have a double ring on the tulip base
    Or the classic push in bushing (it's these that I have 2 sets of ) 
    You may need a conversion bushing for the front of headstock if the guitar is drilled for a bigger size hole

Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

Aah I see. The ones on there currently are the bolt-down Grover ones, would I need conversion bushings for the ones you have, do you know?
    tFB Trader
    You'll either need a bolt down variety of the Kluson style tuner that Gibson used for years - or a superior replacement set from a company like Tonepros who do a bolt version as well as the classic style with ferrules.

The Gibson branded sets I have are the vintage reissue style that have the ferrule rather than the bolt fitting , although we keep both varieties in the Tonepro Kluson range which are brand new stock.

Tonepro bolt version shown hereimage

tFB Trader
    These are the traditional ferrule version ( also similar to the Gibson sets I have)