SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS/FT: 1960 Brownface Fender Super SOLD

What's Hot
john_rjohn_r Frets: 128
edited March 2017 in Amps £
For sale here the amp I never thought I would part with, my brown Fender Super. I have owned this for that last 15 years, been my number one amp all that time. The vibrato channel is fantastic but it is the normal channel that i really rate, very much an overlooked gem among fender amps.

This one I suppose what you would call 'player grade', its no museum piece, don't get me wrong it sounds stupendous and you could take it out and gig it with no worries, but it has had a few changes over the years, most done before it came into my possession. From the tube chart it dates to December 1960.

Any questions please ask, but in brief:
Handle is a replacement, 3 of the knobs are replacements, top rear panel is new, footswitch is not original.
Speakers are a pair of Weber 10A125.
Mains transformer is a c1970 silverface type, UK voltage (originally had a step up transformer and the 110v mains tx was a modern replacement with no rectifier winding, I had it converted back to valve rectification)
Output transformer is a new TAD Triad type, choke is original.
Electrolytics have been replaced, some carbon comp resistors also, and a couple of yellow astrons were replaced with mustard caps long before I owned it.
BIAS adjust pot has been added internally.
The ground switch has been re purposed as a bright switch for the vibrato channel, this is a completely reversible mod.
Recently serviced by Dave Hunter of Classic Valve Amps.
I will also be including a pair of 1963 Oxford 10k5 speakers , these are not original to this amp and the cones are not in great shape. I also have a replacement maroon grill cloth which I decided not to fit, this will also be included.

I am struggling a bit to put a value on this, not many around judge its worth, but I trust tfb to point me in the right direction if I am way off!
£1300 £1100 collected from North Notts or will deliver/meet part way within reason!. You are welcome to come and try the amp.
Sold pending usual!
Sold my tele so now would take either cash sale or if you are interested but don't have the funds would consider partial trade for cash plus whatever you can offer that I might easily sell on!

More pictures are here
0reaction image LOL 13reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments