Electronics help - scaling inductors

DodgeDodge Frets: 1435
Hi all,

Back in the day, I'd built the 'reactive' load part of the Palmer PDI03 with a line out for silent recording of my little Matchless Lightning, which was 8 ohm.  The load part of the circuit was a bunch of load resistors giving circa 7 ohms with a 100uH inductor in series.

I'd like to build another two for my AC30's which are set up for 16 ohms.  The resistive element is obvious, but how do I scale the inductor?  Halve it, i.e. 50uH?

Cheers.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• jpfampsjpfamps Frets: 2734
    Dodge said:
    Hi all,

Back in the day, I'd built the 'reactive' load part of the Palmer PDI03 with a line out for silent recording of my little Matchless Lightning, which was 8 ohm.  The load part of the circuit was a bunch of load resistors giving circa 7 ohms with a 100uH inductor in series.

I'd like to build another two for my AC30's which are set up for 16 ohms.  The resistive element is obvious, but how do I scale the inductor?  Halve it, i.e. 50uH?

Cheers.

A 16 ohm load is 2 x 8 ohms in series so you would need to double the inductance.
  • DodgeDodge Frets: 1435
    jpfamps said:

A 16 ohm load is 2 x 8 ohms in series so you would need to double the inductance.
    Cheers @jpfamps - much appreciated.