U2 Joshua Tree Tour

What's Hot
stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26973
edited January 2017 in Music
They've just announced a bunch of dates for Europe in the summer. Noel Gallagher's HFBs and Mumford supporting, and they'll be playing the entire Joshua Tree right through every night. 

Am planning on moving heaven & earth to make sure I can be at one of the shows. 

Anyone else? I know @RocknRollDave is a big fan at least! Pre-sale for fan club members starts tomorrow.
The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• tone1tone1 Frets: 5154
    edited January 2017
    I saw it first time around. Cardiff Arms Park '87. Support was The Alarm as I recall  :)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Still pinching myself that this is real! 
    Not even daring to hope I'll get tickets for it....but will try.
    The Joshua Tree is the reason I started playing guitar. MASSIVE album for me.

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72312
    I'm a big fan, but no. I can't stand any of the supports other than OneRepublic, which takes some of the shine off what will undoubtedly be fairly eye-watering ticket prices… and I'm not going to the USA for it. Even London is a pain, shame there's no Scottish one.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26973
    Still pinching myself that this is real! 

Same here. Given I have to fly 4000 miles to get to London I'd rather go to Rome or Dublin as they'll probably be the best atmosphere but I have to be in Perth for a wedding that week so it's a no-go. Hopefully London will be ok. I reckon they'll add a date on the Friday and/or Sunday as well.

Either way I'll never forgive myself if I don't make every effort to be there.
    ICBM said:
    I'm a big fan, but no. I can't stand any of the supports other than OneRepublic, which takes some of the shine off what will undoubtedly be fairly eye-watering ticket prices… and I'm not going to the USA for it. Even London is a pain, shame there's no Scottish one.
    Cheapest seats are 35 and standing is 70, so not that bad. At least there's options..!
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10405
    Huge fan myself would love to go but tickets gonna cos the earth. Last year I played Victorious with the Manics headlining and by sheer fluke it was the 20 year anniversary of Everything Must Go so they played just about the entire album, I do like the concept and The Joshua Tree has to be up there in the top 10 albums of all time

I would expect some key changes though
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4980
    It was reported on the RTE News yesterday, that the Joshua tour includes a date in Croke Park, Dublin. Tickets will probably be expen$ive....
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1770
    edited January 2017
    Wow, that sounds like an epic night! Think I'll try and get London tickets - thanks for the heads up @stickyfiddle ; 
    I presume they'll play a load of other songs after going through Joshua Tree though, right?

Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Grrrrr, can't make the London date (booked for a party gig that night). 

BigMonka said:
    Wow, that sounds like an epic night! Think I'll try and get London tickets - thanks for the heads up @stickyfiddle ; 
    I presume they'll play a load of other songs after going through Joshua Tree though, right?

Presumably! Im guessing it'll be a couple of early songs to open, then TJT, then Pride, greatest hits from Achtung Baby and the recent stuff. 

I just wanna hear One Tree Hill.
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7768
    edited January 2017
    Its just U2 gents, try and maintain some perspective and stay home.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Its just U2 gents, try and maintain some perspective and stay home.
    Maybe you could provide us with a list of bands and artists that it is OK to like, oh arbiter of coolness.......?

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • Still pinching myself that this is real! 

Same here. Given I have to fly 4000 miles to get to London I'd rather go to Rome or Dublin as they'll probably be the best atmosphere but I have to be in Perth for a wedding that week so it's a no-go. Hopefully London will be ok. I reckon they'll add a date on the Friday and/or Sunday as well.

Either way I'll never forgive myself if I don't make every effort to be there.
    I was going to use the price of the tickets as an excuse to myself for not being able to go...but then they turn out to be very reasonable indeed... Now my only issue is that a Saturday in July would almost certainly cost me a wedding gig booking, which adds £200 or so onto the cost of my ticket!   But...do I risk holding out for further dates ....?! Arrrgh....

• mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3071
     "Red Hill Mining Town" will be a test without some adjustments - it sounded hard for him on the record. I'd love to go. 
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Id love to go and may try for tickets but just one gig in England is a bit tight.

• capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    edited January 2017
    I would imagine further London nights will go on sale.

Amsterdam Arena is a great venue and will probably be where I will buy tickets.  Go Dutch !
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • marktheharpmarktheharp Frets: 89
    edited January 2017
    Yes exciting news. I was there at Elland road,1987. I think support was The fall,The mission and  The Pretenders. Was an epic gig.
     Just disappointed there is  only the  London date. They usually do Manchester,Birmingham,Newcastle etc... so hopefully they will add more dates .
    I got the Joshua Tree cd/DVD box set the  other year. This and Achtung baby are my favourite. Have seen u2 six times and one of then being ' zoo tv tour' in Germany . a glitter ball  trebant car hanging from the  ceiling and 'Mr Mcphisto'  alter ego... simply stunning.....
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4530
    Call me when it's Achtung Baby.. baby.
    Call me when it's Achtung Baby.. baby.
    edited January 2017
    capo4ths

Amsterdam Arena is a great venue and will probably be where I will buy tickets.  Go Dutch !
    Super idea!