irig2 into a mac

I have an irig2 which i had hoped to use to connect to my macbook and play through its internal speaker.  The blurb says it can be used with a mac.

Trouble is when one configures the mac's sound input/output, the internal speaker seems unavailable, though I can play output via bluetooth to an external speaker - but I don't want to lug that around too.

The only other possible way I can see is to use a cable between the irig2 cable/3.5mm jack and the USB port, which then might make the internal speaker available? - which means I need a female-female 3.5mm connector and a cable with a 3.5mm male at one end and USB at the other, since all the adaptors I have seen are male/USB.

Anyone had a similar puzzle?

Thanks
-site:amazon.co.uk -site:ebay.co.uk... ditto for .com, the most powerful internet search filters
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• olafgartenolafgarten Frets: 1648
    I don't think you can do that with an iRig 2 as it's basically a Passive Impedance Matching device. When something is plugged into the Jack on the Mac it will disable the Speaker because it thinks you have headphones connected. 

You can try this though
    http://best-mac-tips.com/2015/03/11/play-sound-on-multiple-devices-including-internal-speakers-os-x/
  • thanks very much, i'll print that out and give it a go, i have found audio midi setup .. i thought that i would economise with this unit, but in hindsight the irig pro, with a usb connection, would have been a better idea, though it would still be useful to know if anyone has used this on a macbook osx10 and been able to play through the internal speaker??
    thanks again

-site:amazon.co.uk -site:ebay.co.uk... ditto for .com, the most powerful internet search filters
  • olafgartenolafgarten Frets: 1648
    From what I've read, it's just Apple being silly with the software and not allowing output to the speakers.