SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD - Rickenbacker 380 Laguna LPZ (Piezo) £1350

BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
edited February 2017 in Guitars £
Ok, so after the R6 ad seemed to hit the mark a bit better - let's try this one.

1998 Rickenbacker 380 Laguna LPZ

£1500 
- Straight sale. Will post if you pay & arrange collection - I have a suitable box. You can collect, or I will deliver if you are close-ish or near one of my regular travels - London, East, Midlands, Sheffield and environs etc. 

No Trades. Well, ok, no trades unless you have a real corker of a bass head+cabs, but we'd have to discuss that... (Mesa, Ampeg SVT, Bergatino, high spec TC Electronic, Barefaced Cabs, Markbass Multiamp etc..)

This is a distinctly rare beast - not only is it a limited run Walnut satin finish Ric 380 - it's also the Piezo bridge version which is even rarer. They haven't made them for a while. They probably never will again. If they do, the waiting list will probably be about 5 years.

I actually flipping love this guitar. But I just have too many guitars and at the moment I seem to be playing bass more and more. In fact, I've already developed the slight dribble and the gormless 50 yard stare. I've also become over sensitive to criticism and jokes about 'the band, oh, and the bass player'

Anyway, it's 19 years old so it isn't mint. It's well loved. There's bumps and dings in the finish, the binding is worn in places with a few minor cracks and blemishes. It's checkerboard binding though, and it's all totally rock solid and stable. No cracks, breaks or anything major at all. It's gold hardware, and we all know how that goes - it's worn in places (especially the bridge and one of the knobs - though you can get replacement knobs as they use the same on all their gold hardware guitars and basses. The bridge not so much as it's the one-off piezo saddle version). Frets are fine with no divots and plenty of life in them. 

This really is unlike any other Ric I've ever played. The piezo bridge sounds really really good - better acoustic tone than the ghost preamp and saddles I put in a recent build for the step-son. Much better. 

It's got Ric humbuckers, which sound like a slightly fatter and bulkier hi-gain. Still Ric, but different enough.

The neck is a real oddity. If you hate Ric necks, you'll love this. No lacquer. Wide, flat and very comfy. Just nice satin oil finished Maple. It has the cool stereo out which means you can split the mags and piezo to two amps with two leads, or split them with a box and a stereo cable. 

Comes with original case, which is worn in places, but fully functional. 

I have a lot of pics of it on my imgur page - happy to send them to you if you want, or you can go search them out. You won't find one of these for sale very often at all. And if you do - they should really be more like £2k-£2.5k. I've priced for wear and tear and to shift it on for boring bass amps. Oh, and I need the space on the wall for the '74 Olympic White Precision I just bought by total accident. 

I've selected a few photos which show it at it's best, and also show some of it's battle scars... (yin and yang I guess..)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments