Going rate for a 64 6G6B Bassman?

What's Hot
leerockerleerocker Frets: 607
edited January 2017 in Amps
Ok so it's the dream amp for rockabilly players and setzer uses them. Ones come up on the bay but I think the price is a bit off at 1450. I'm sure I've seen them for less before. It's not the more desirable blonde one and looks like it's been re tolexed and different grill cloth.  Any useful insights would be appreciated!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• OssyrocksOssyrocks Frets: 1673
    It's definitely badly recovered and regrilled. Good bits are that it looks to have at least a recap and it's also a rare factory export model with selectors inside for voltage selection.

It would look good retolexed in blonde with wheat grill cloth.

As for price, it seems steep to me. If I were desperate for one I might go up to £900 for it in that condition.

Good luck,
    Rob.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • leerockerleerocker Frets: 607
    Cheers Rob exactly what I thought about 500 overpriced. I'm not too savvy when it comes to vintage amps but I was definitely sure I've seen them sell for a lot less and when they've been recovered it affects the value too. 
    edited January 2017
    I've messaged him but I don't think he will drop that much! So if anybody wants to sell me a bassman hit me up !
    Well I've just bought it!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • OssyrocksOssyrocks Frets: 1673
    Always worth a punt. 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72312
    If it matters, I know someone with an empty original Bassman head box, including grille - although I think it's the earlier rough blonde with oxblood grille. I'll find out if you like… and if he'd sell it for a sensible price.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

Yes icbm that would be great!