Feedback - Left Outside Alone

We do this song live and it always goes down well as it has light and shade and ends up a big rock number. I wrote a solo for it, I am trying to work on my vibrato and was quite pleased with this version from a recent gig. Any constructive criticism appreciated!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• VaiaiVaiai Frets: 530
    I know the vid quality is not great but it was just a wee promo the drummer put together for a gig - we seem to either have good quality vid or good sound but rarely both!
  • Vaiai said:
    We do this song live and it always goes down well as it has light and shade and ends up a big rock number. I wrote a solo for it, I am trying to work on my vibrato and was quite pleased with this version from a recent gig. Any constructive criticism appreciated!

Very short, but i like it !
  • Sounds good, mate - the only thing I'd say (bearing in mind this is all I've heard of your playing) is that it sounds odd to finish fast runs with a very long, static note. It breaks up the solo unnaturally, in a "Right, I do this bit, then that bit, then another bit..." kind of way, if you see what I mean.

I used to do it all the time; you do often need a bit of a breather between sections, but I tend to cover it these days with a slide down to the bottom, or a slow bend upwards with crazy vibrato at the end of it, or even just silence.
    <space for hire>
  • VaiaiVaiai Frets: 530
    Sounds good, mate - the only thing I'd say (bearing in mind this is all I've heard of your playing) is that it sounds odd to finish fast runs with a very long, static note. It breaks up the solo unnaturally, in a "Right, I do this bit, then that bit, then another bit..." kind of way, if you see what I mean.

Is this after the tap (which I don't always tap...sometimes I play the notes a bit simpler) - if so I know what you mean - that's me trying to get out of the tap and back onto a note lol - will try something a bit different there - I also wrote it while playing the Charvel so I use the trem a bit more on that note to bend into and out of it.

The song breaks down before the solo so I build it up gradually but the drummer edited it and started midway thru for some reason.

Thanks for the reply :)