info on LSR roller nut

What's Hot
I'm trying to find info on the LSR roller nut, both dimensions and fitting BUT ...... in metric and not all that imperial malarkey that the Americans insist upon. Has anyone seen such stuff? I've been googling in my lunch break and nothing hath been yet found.

Can't get my head around fractions of an inch
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72311
    Express as a simple fraction, then as a decimal, then multiply by 25.4.

eg - 1-11/16" is 27 / 16 * 25.4 = 42.8625, or 42.9mm to close enough for guitar work.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    ICBM said:
    eh? ... er ... the what?

So width of 42.9mm? If so thanks!
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72311
    edited January 2017
    axisus said:
    ICBM said:
    eh? ... er ... the what?
    Well... 1-11/16 is 27 16ths (16 + 11), so if you divide 27 by 16 you get the imperial measurement expressed as a decimal (1.6875), although you don't actually need to know that number other than to then multiply it by 25.4, which is the number of millimetres in an inch.

Apart from the width of the nut all the other measurements are smaller than an inch, so it's even easier because they're already simple fractions. Divide the top number by the bottom one (or the first by the second if they're written horizontally) and multiply by 25.4. Simples...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

ICBM said:
    axisus said:
    ICBM said:
    eh? ... er ... the what?
    Well... 1-11/16 is 27 16ths (16 + 11), so if you divide 27 by 16 you get the imperial measurement expressed as a decimal (1.6875), although you don't actually need to know that number other than to then multiply it by 25.4, which is the number of millimetres in an inch.

Apart from the width of the nut all the other measurements are smaller than an inch, so it's even easier because they're already simple fractions. Divide the top number by the bottom one (or the first by the second if they're written horizontally) and multiply by 25.4. Simples...
    Ahhh, I get that. Thanks!
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    Or type "1 11/16 to mm" into Google ;)
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11593
    tFB Trader
    my mac has a units conversion widget - use it a lot for metric /inch conversion

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

my mac has a units conversion widget - use it a lot for metric /inch conversion
    Interesting, I wonder if I have it? I don't suppose you sell LSR nuts?
  • CorvusCorvus Frets: 2925
    edited January 2017 tFB Trader

I've used this for years - small free download - https://joshmadison.com/convert-for-windows/

Converts all sorts, distance, vol, weight, pressure, flow etc. You have to give it decimals to work for lengths but I copy/paste in from the PC calculator if needed.

• olafgartenolafgarten Frets: 1648
    You can just type things into a google search and it will tell you. 
    You can just type things into a google search and it will tell you. 
    Ha ha! you are right! Never thought of that!