NAD Louis Electric Columbia Reverb

What's Hot

Comments

• merlinmerlin Frets: 6674
    Just in case anyone is looking... I want one! Willing to trade for my KR12......
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1819
    mgaw said:
    fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuckin' hell this amp is the absolute dogs bollocks....hats of to Louis Electric its an astonishing sounding princeton, the more i play it the more i love it, at this rate i will be wanting its babies
    Make sure you unplug it from the mains before you do try ;)
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9514
    edited January 2017
    So, I know I ask this every (and yes, I know all amos sound better driven) BUT

how does these amps work at home/sensible levels ???

Too many people I know and respect literally RAVE about these things...
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    So, I know I ask this every (and yes, I know all amos sound better driven) BUT

how does these amps work at home/sensible levels ???

Too many people I know and respect literally RAVE about these things...
    Pretty good I'd say. At 2 on the volume it's a nice full sound without rattling the windows, although it doesn't really start to give up the goods until you drive it harder. It's more manageable at home than an unattenuated J20 though, for example.
  • mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    Must try one next time I'm at Coda!

Hopefully we'll see a few appear in the classifieds here soon :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5258
    mellowsun said:
    Must try one next time I'm at Coda!

Hopefully we'll see a few appear in the classifieds here soon :)
    fuck all chance of mine @simonk or @StuartMac selling theirs any time soon i would guess
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5004
    I can't believe no one's asked this yet - did you get the 6L6 or 6V6 model?!
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    edited January 2017
    i got the 6L6 @fretfinder ;, they are interchangeable but as it sounds so good i daren't touch it, also it was the only choice available at Coda and obviously i had to have one NOW....cos i is a child:)
    6L6 version you can use the switch that will give you more grit I believe. 6V6 version you aren't able to use that feature 
    6L6 version you can use the switch that will give you more grit I believe. 6V6 version you aren't able to use that feature 
    Yup, you can knock the power down a bit on the 6L6 loaded variant. Haven't felt the need to explore this feature yet.
    glad i got the 6L6 then
    simonk said:
    Yup, you can knock the power down a bit on the 6L6 loaded variant. Haven't felt the need to explore this feature yet.
    good man them lower output switches are for the pussies:)
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5004
    mgaw said:
    i got the 6L6 @fretfinder ;, they are interchangeable but as it sounds so good i daren't touch it, also it was the only choice available at Coda and obviously i had to have one NOW....cos i is a child:)
    That's the spirit, we're guitarists after all!

Coda haven't listed your Rambler yet, unless they sold it immediately, or maybe they're getting a new grille cloth for it.

Hope you continue loving the Columbia. Dibs if GAS strikes again and you want to move it on!
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    mgaw said:
    That's the spirit, we're guitarists after all!

Coda haven't listed your Rambler yet, unless they sold it immediately, or maybe they're getting a new grille cloth for it.

Hope you continue loving the Columbia. Dibs if GAS strikes again and you want to move it on!
    you will need a lot of patience
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ruomaruoma Frets: 67
    simonk said:
    Pretty good I'd say. At 2 on the volume it's a nice full sound without rattling the windows, although it doesn't really start to give up the goods until you drive it harder. It's more manageable at home than an unattenuated J20 though, for example.
    So the j20 is louder? Than the 6v6 version I assume? That's good to know, the j20 sounds alot better with the vac turned up, but gets pretty loud then!
    ruoma said:
    simonk said:
    So the j20 is louder? Than the 6v6 version I assume? That's good to know, the j20 sounds alot better with the vac turned up, but gets pretty loud then!
    I don't own a louis only a J20 but have played on a Buster @ruoma . J2o not louder I'd say but will stay cleaner a little bit longer
    ruoma said:
    simonk said:
    No, the Columbia is louder overall (well my 6l6 version is louder than the J20 at any rate). J20 needs to be run hard to sound its best I think. The Columbia sounds a little sweeter right through the volume range.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited January 2017
    simonk said:
    ruoma said:
    simonk said:
    No, the Columbia is louder overall (well my 6l6 version is louder than the J20 at any rate). J20 needs to be run hard to sound its best I think. The Columbia sounds a little sweeter right through the volume range.
    I thought he was referring to the Buster as he was comparing with the J20. Yes the Columbia will be louder of course. Different kind of amp altogether to the Buster
  • ruomaruoma Frets: 67
    I'm trying to get a sense of being able to get the sweetness at a lower volume than the j20. I know its tweed vs blackface and all but right now the j20 is my only reference. 
    ruoma said:
    I'm trying to get a sense of being able to get the sweetness at a lower volume than the j20. I know its tweed vs blackface and all but right now the j20 is my only reference. 
    Not a bad reference to have ;)