Comments

• sgosdensgosden Frets: 1993
    Sassafras said:
    Relax, it's just another Tubescreamer.

but with a digital brain...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Sassafras said:
    Relax, it's just another Tubescreamer.
    ...WHICH IS EXACTLY WHAT THE WORLD NEEDS, HOLD ALL MY CALLS, CLEAR MY DIARY....
  • Well, I love Chase Bliss stuff :-)

And guitarists will not be happy until there are more drive pedals than there are atoms in the known universe, so this is totally needed.
    Link to my trading feedback: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58787/
  • Well, I love Chase Bliss stuff :-)

And guitarists will not be happy until there are more drive pedals than there are atoms in the known universe, so this is totally needed.
    ...and I suppose digital control over a purely analogue drive circuit is a relatively new thing in a crowded market (apart from that Elektron Drive thingy...and the TC one...well I did say "relatively new"....ish.)
  • BumFaceBumFace Frets: 114
    BumFace said:
    It's gotta be better than the Riverside surely?  That pedal sucks.
    Have you tried the Riverside out?
    I have indeed. For a whole ten minutes. For a £300 pedal, it sucks IMO. It might be good at making tranny amps sound tubey, and if that's it's purpose, fine. I didn't try it through my own amps, but it made a DSL 40 sound more like a valvestate. Horrid.
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11872
    Joel has just announced it. Drive, boost and Fuzz pedal with digital and EXP controls

100% Analog Signal Path --- Six independent Effects via Two Independent Channels (A & B) 
    --- 
    Stack A into B, Stack B into A, or Mix Channels in Parallel --- Save-able Presets (2 on board, 6 via “faves” switch, 122 via midi) 

--- 33 Different Routing Options, All Save-able with Knob Positions 

--- Channel A features JFET based Boost, OD, Fuzz (Designed in collaboration with Resonant Electronic Design™) 

--- Channel B features IC based Boost, OD, Fuzz (Designed by Chase Bliss Audio™) 

--- High Headroom, Super Clean Tonestack for Each Channel 

--- All Parameters Controllable by Expression / CV 

--- True Bypass or Buffered Bypass selectable by Dip Switch 

--- Momentary Engage / Kill Mode for Both Channels

• Looks pretty tastey - my gig bag currently holds a Suhr Riot and Keeley DS1. This could do both, potentially. 
  • Joel has just announced it. Drive, boost and Fuzz pedal with digital and EXP controls

100% Analog Signal Path --- Six independent Effects via Two Independent Channels (A & B) 
    --- 
    Stack A into B, Stack B into A, or Mix Channels in Parallel --- Save-able Presets (2 on board, 6 via “faves” switch, 122 via midi) 

--- 33 Different Routing Options, All Save-able with Knob Positions 

--- Channel A features JFET based Boost, OD, Fuzz (Designed in collaboration with Resonant Electronic Design™) 

--- Channel B features IC based Boost, OD, Fuzz (Designed by Chase Bliss Audio™) 

--- High Headroom, Super Clean Tonestack for Each Channel 

--- All Parameters Controllable by Expression / CV 

--- True Bypass or Buffered Bypass selectable by Dip Switch 

--- Momentary Engage / Kill Mode for Both Channels

That looks affae fancy!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Simular concept to the Wampler dual fusion actually ... wonder how they compare. 

Simular concept to the Wampler dual fusion actually ... wonder how they compare. 

there are many dual drives out there, I mean I have a Double Barrel, I have yet seen any that does Drive, Boost and Fuzz.  Also with digital memory banks control, and expression controls.

Just think of the possibilities, not just the stacking options, but the digital memory controls.

Find that person sound you spent the weekend tweaking for? save it.

If the sound you have in your bedroom is different to the one in the studio? save it.

No worry about knocking the knobs and using tapes to remember where everything was and instantly change between drive sounds between songs or within a song and I can imagine this would be very useful in a small board.
  • I wonder if the other controls will be rampable by the dipswitches? On the video, he says emphatically that it's not Yet Another Tube Screamer :-)
  • SquireJapanSquireJapan Frets: 698
    edited January 2017
    Simular concept to the Wampler dual fusion actually ... wonder how they compare. 

there are many dual drives out there, I mean I have a Double Barrel, I have yet seen any that does Drive, Boost and Fuzz.  Also with digital memory banks control, and expression controls.

Just think of the possibilities, not just the stacking options, but the digital memory controls.

Find that person sound you spent the weekend tweaking for? save it.

If the sound you have in your bedroom is different to the one in the studio? save it.

No worry about knocking the knobs and using tapes to remember where everything was and instantly change between drive sounds between songs or within a song and I can imagine this would be very useful in a small board.
    Turns out I have a bad memory - just looked at the dual fusion and it only has "modern" and "vintage" could of sworn it had fuzz. 

Anyway ... given how nice the warped vinyl is (build and sound) I can see myself with one of these sometime soon.

I just need them to do a compressor and I'm golden:

comp-drive-chorus-delay  

edit: ... and while I'm at it, they need to make me a parametric EQ too (like a cross between the source audio ine and the empress one). 
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    Interesting. But I'm not convinced it's something I need.
  • Meh. Firstly, JFET is a bit marmite for some (me included) and as I previously stated, drives are everyones most stepped on pedal and there will be many mistakes made given the proximity of the two switches.

Sure, you can probably control them with CV and MIDI but the pedal already costs $349; and you need more kit to activate it reliably? 

I'm good. Thanks :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BintyTwanger77BintyTwanger77 Frets: 2218
    edited January 2017
    I thought I would, but despite starting this thread I'm not getting any GAS. The way to get the most out of this pedal would be with MIDI, and that is a road I'm not up for going down. Also I do prefer a dirt pedal with an EQ, and the closest this seems to get is the 2 tone dials, if they do a bass/treble sweep. Also with my big galumphing feet I'd probably knock the wrong footswitch. CB make some incredible pedals, and it looks beautiful and seems to be astoundingly complex, as I expected from Joel's circuits. But, no, I don't think this is for me.
  • Pah, so much cynicism I'm going to have to buy two to make up for it.

Plus I've got small feet AND already have their midibox so it's all win for me.

I've started to get quite into midi with the CB stuff but I did have to get over the fear...can see how it's a turn off if all ya want to do it stomp or have a super-simple set up.
  • Pah, so much cynicism I'm going to have to buy two to make up for it.

Plus I've got small feet AND already have their midibox so it's all win for me.

I've started to get quite into midi with the CB stuff but I did have to get over the fear...can see how it's a turn off if all ya want to do it stomp or have a super-simple set up.
    On the other hand, it could sound spectacularly good.
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9526
    By any standards, thats a VERY impressive feature set !

And clearly not just another OD pedal...

But it needs midi, I guess, to really open up

It has midi
  • hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2352
    He's not saying that it doesn't have MIDI. He is stating, correctly in my opinion, that to get the best from this, MIDI will have to be employed
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom