Vintage woven straps - high quality

What's Hot
I love the look of these.

Ordered a soldier strap and was very disappointed. It was essentailly a pretty belt strap.

is there anyone who makes these types of strap that are wider and better quality!? 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• What you expecting? The business model is based on recycled seatbelts.

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26957
    If you want a similar thing on a leather strap you can look at something like Copperpeace. But they cost twice as much as Souldier for a reason.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • I just got a new Overdrive strap for my Jazzmaster; absolutely lovely, but as others have said, the majority are based on seatbelts. They also do leather backing at an up charge. 

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff193/guitarsforminnaars/3B57B6D5-F4FC-4D8E-8ED6-3A623BBC3867.jpg
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5013
    Personally I think the Souldier straps are great!
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • do you find the straps comfortable? I was a bit quick in making the decision to send them back. 
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    Really comfy - even with a Bass. I like mine a lot.
    do you find the straps comfortable? I was a bit quick in making the decision to send them back. 
    I find the Souldiers very comfortable to gig with. The only issue is if you have a neck-heavy guitar and then you can get some neck dive as the seatbelt material is smooth and slippy. But given that you can't play the guitar without actually holding onto the neck I didn't really find that a problem either, when I used to have a 339. I don't actually like straps that grip your shoulder too firmly, like rough suede, because I think it's much more comfortable if a bit of movement over the shoulder is possible when you're moving about.
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    I just got a new Overdrive strap for my Jazzmaster; absolutely lovely, but as others have said, the majority are based on seatbelts. They also do leather backing at an up charge. 

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff193/guitarsforminnaars/3B57B6D5-F4FC-4D8E-8ED6-3A623BBC3867.jpg
    @GavRichList  That's a great looking strap! What length do they adjust to please? I have to have longer than normal straps due to my size! Do you have a link to a U.K seller please? 

Some of the Levy's Hootenanny straps are good with interesting designs.
    Tomorrow will be a good day.
  • @zepp76 if you order direct they give you choices of length. Guitarbox.co.uk stock some but you can't customise; direct allows you to choose leather colour, hardware colour, length etc etc 
  • zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    @zepp76 if you order direct they give you choices of length. Guitarbox.co.uk stock some but you can't customise; direct allows you to choose leather colour, hardware colour, length etc etc 
    Cool, I'll give them a look. Many thanks.
    Tomorrow will be a good day.
  • XsmnmyXsmnmy Frets: 124
    edited January 2017
    >Levy's Hootenanny straps are good
    Mostly I use leather vintage style straps, but I have one of these - the design is a bit hippie-fied for me, but it's v comfortable and works well, it's leather backed but light and flexible and goes to 1.4m fully extended - sounding like an advert now! Victor Kyam, anyone?

• BrizeBrize Frets: 5629
    edited January 2017
    I don't like the Souldier straps at all - they look great but the seatbelt material with no padding quickly gets uncomfortable. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30888
    edited January 2017
    I have to say, if I were a strap maker, I'd go to all the old US Airforce scrapyards and I'd brand the guit strap from the plane-

e.g. F18 Guitar Strap- with the plane's details on.
    Or C130 Hercules- for the stouter man

Tell you, they'd sell.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1373
    Air straps in the uk. Overdrive straps in Europe. Couch in US do wide options iirc. 
    Brize said:
    I don't like the Souldier straps at all - they look great but the seatbelt material with no padding quickly gets uncomfortable. 
    I don't find that at all, but then all my guitars are pretty light in weight so maybe that's why.   ;)
  • MossMoss Frets: 2409
    Brize said:
    I don't find that at all, but then all my guitars are pretty light in weight so maybe that's why.   ;)
    My super-heavy Gretsch remains comfortable for a long period of time with my Souldier strap

And, more importantly, it has owls on it...
    Stop crying, start buying
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4980
    You pay >£1500 for a guitar.  Surely spending at least £50 on a strap is not going to stop the planet rotating.....
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Personally I use couch straps on all my guitars. Racer x model. Love them. They do more vintage ones as well but I love the fact that I have a different racer x for each guitar I own. Not the cheapest but brilliant quality
  • DaiCappDaiCapp Frets: 135
    As has been said, Copper Peace are lovely - I have 3 and they are beautifully made and very comfortable. limited choice though... I also have Souldier and they wear well and are comfortable too, just not as high quality as Copper Peace.

I've also seen woven straps by a Company called Original Fuzz which look great - never seen on in real life though...