Nice price on this one !

What's Hot
OssyrocksOssyrocks Frets: 1673
This guitar was sold by a friend of mine for about the price a small family car a couple of years ago...........sigh.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/262767012424?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Rob

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    It won't sell
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14218
    tFB Trader

US $895,000.00
    Approximately £732,465.83

we've obviously left the guitar industry and joined the fine arts brigade
     - it is not for me to say it is worth or not worth it - I know I just don't comprehend it
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6838
    edited January 2017 tFB Trader
    Ok, i'm going to say it....It was also sold as a verified replica by your friend too Rob, wasn't it?

This thread makes very interesting reading, features many of the 'big hitters' in the guitar world. You can make up your mind by the end of it who you trust and who you don't. Certainly made me question any future vintage guitar purchases, I can tell you.

http://www.lespaulforum.com/forum/showthread.php?200741-1960-Gibson-Korina-Explorer-011172-quot-Kandye-Kane-quot-Guitars-West-Owned-on-ebay
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5416
    Gruhn says $500k in his letter... and that was in 2015. The market has not gotten any better since then...
  • OssyrocksOssyrocks Frets: 1673
    Whitecat said:
    Gruhn says $500k in his letter... and that was in 2015. The market has not gotten any better since then...
    Apparently George Gruhn has retracted his letter...........
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72305
    miserneil said:
    Ok, i'm going to say it....It was also sold as a verified replica by your friend too Rob, wasn't it?

This thread makes very interesting reading, features many of the 'big hitters' in the guitar world. You can make up your mind by the end of it who you trust and who you don't. Certainly made me question any future vintage guitar purchases, I can tell you.
    It makes me glad I have nothing to do with the vintage guitar market and don't know any of the people involved.

And has massively increased my respect for Joe Bonamassa.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14218
    tFB Trader
    ICBM said:
    miserneil said:

It makes me glad I have nothing to do with the vintage guitar market and don't know any of the people involved.

I'm not even sure it is guitars we are now selling when we hit nearly 1 million $ - I certainly can't comprehend such an amount -- I'm not convinced that such purchases result in the guitars been played (a strong  hunch) - But if they have the available funds then so be it - or is it laundered money , as in many art purchases,  to convert such funds into 'assets'
  • ricorico Frets: 1220
    What. Just what. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Ossyrocks said:
    Whitecat said:
    He has indeed.

The fact that this guitar passed through the hands of Music Ground should be the biggest red flag to anyone....and that the only sale avenue still open to a guitar of this value and rarity has ended up on eBay...original/genuine guitars like this, as a rule, change hands behind closed doors before us 'normal' plebs even know about it.
    (formerly miserneil)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • TonyRTonyR Frets: 908
    It won't sell, but imagine, just imagine it did - crikey the fees!
    We are all Chameleons...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    eBay fees are capped at £250, so that's hardly the biggest issue here. :)
    Ossyrocks said:
    Whitecat said:
    Ah, only just reading that LPF thread now... yikes. What a tale.
  • "eBay fees are capped at £250, so that's hardly the biggest issue here"

Don't think that's true @Whitecat ;. All categories on ebay attract different sellers fee...........Musical instruments are 9% of full selling price, no exceptions.
  • Whitecat said:
    Ossyrocks said:
    Whitecat said:
    Ah, only just reading that LPF thread now... yikes. What a tale.
    Is it possible to give us a link to that thread? (Hopefully that's OK with the modmins here???)
    "eBay fees are capped at £250, so that's hardly the biggest issue here"

Don't think that's true @Whitecat ;. All categories on ebay attract different sellers fee...........Musical instruments are 9% of full selling price, no exceptions.
    ah, for business sellers you are right. private sales are capped at £250 though. you can use ebay's calculator to prove it...

http://www.fees.ebay.co.uk/feeweb/feecalculator
  • andrewawardandrewaward Frets: 1155
    edited January 2017
    @Strat_a_tat_tat ; 4th post down on this thread
  • Yeah - if it sold on ebay he would get charged approx. £66,000 !
    Yeah - if it sold on ebay he would get charged approx. £66,000 !
    ... plus paypal fees of course :)
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    Whitecat said:
    Yeah - if it sold on ebay he would get charged approx. £66,000 !
    ... plus paypal fees of course :)
    Yes but he could save a few quid by using Hermes to ship it
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    From what i've gleaned from various threads and conversations with people involved, this guitar is a HEAP of trouble. Long standing, hard earnt reputations are at stake, as well as a shit tonne of money and there is all manner of nastiness going on behind the scenes.

And who is front and centre? The guitar industries dear friends from Doncaster.
    (formerly miserneil)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom