SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

[SOLD] - Gibson Les Paul Standard - 2004 Ltd Edition Pacific Reef Burst w Ebony fretboard

What's Hot
mendelmendel Frets: 24
edited June 2017 in Guitars £
Available for £1350 - same price as snapped up for from this forum late last year.

Look like it could be the 'pacific reef' finish, as there is a fair mix of green and blue.

P/Us are 57 Classics and the neck measurements are 0.820" thickness at 1st fret and width of 1.686" at the nut. 

What I like most about this one is the ebony fretboard, which feels really nice under the fingers.  It's an excellent LP and still in same (used) condition as received. 

PM me if interested and/or you have further questions.

See also the previous listing for additional photos incl two areas with marks
http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/86425/fs-gibson-les-paul-2004-ltd-edition-in-blueburst-flame-top-1350-00-sold#latest

http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii610/mendelrocks/fullsizeoutput_166d_zpsxrjzojjm.jpeg

http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii610/mendelrocks/IMG_5972_zpsoegecxck.jpg

1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ParkerParker Frets: 960
    edited January 2017
    I can confirm it is Pacific Reef. Ltd editions. I had the Midnight Manhattan. You'll probably want to get it on the scales too as some were weight relieved and others were not!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mendelmendel Frets: 24
    Cheers. I bet that Midnight Manhattan was a looker too!. This one weighs about 9.1 pounds.
    Still available.
  • MolochMoloch Frets: 694
    Where is this located?
    Nearabouts Heathrow.
    Gibsunday bump.
  • Trades? Not far from you here.
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4723
    I had no idea that any Standards came with an ebony fretboard...I had thought that was reserved for Customs only.
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • ftumchftumch Frets: 681
    Nope i have two studios with ebony fretboards 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • rockmonsterrockmonster Frets: 833
    edited January 2017
    Nice! Didn't they originally have orrible all chrome vintage small button tuners?
  • MolochMoloch Frets: 694
    If it's still available some time in the near future, I may be up for taking this off you. I just can't right now as I've just had surgery and so travel isn't an option!
    Apologies for the delay in responding! I have now turned notifications on, and am going for third time lucky in typing my response as my prior two were sidelined to spam but all should be clear now thanks to the quick help from our modmins.

Trades? Not far from you here.

I do not have anything in particular in mind in the guitar / amor department. Looking for a nice bass (... why Lorrd help me!) One could always be tempted, so feel free to offer.

Voxman said:
    I had no idea that any Standards came with an ebony fretboard...I had thought that was reserved for Customs only.

I didn't know either that ebony boards could be found among standards until I found this one on this forum. There are definitely great older studios around incl w ebony boards. I'd say this one is very nice if you either simply prefer ebony or don't yet have a  custom, or have a vacancy in your rack. The difference of the board - to me - is mostly in the feel under the fingers, and I do quite like it. Having picked up an old Greco custom last year - although not as pretty but after going through the effort to upgrade the pickups - that might be enough variety for me next to my standard standard.

Nice! Didn't they originally have orrible all chrome vintage small button tuners?

Cheers! And yes, you're right. It had previously been upgraded to locking tuners. The originals pegs are included.

If it's still available some time in the near future, I may be up for taking this off you. I just can't right now as I've just had surgery and so travel isn't an option!
    Ouch! Hope your recovery is going well. I'm certainly not in a hurry to advertise outside of this forum anytime soon. I might even meet / deliver if it's not too far, so feel free to PM me when you'd like to discuss further.
  • PM'd
    Bumping this beauty.
  • JtaylorJtaylor Frets: 182
    pm'd
    Sorry Everyone, I didn't see your comments and have just turned on the email notifications.

Not really have anything in mind at the moment in the guitar & amp department and thinking of using the cash to upgrade my monitors perhaps. Doesn't mean I can't be tempted depending on what's on offer.

Cheers, and yes I think you're right. The tuners were upgraded to locking ones previously and the original set included in the case.

Voxman said:
    Yes, there are / were exceptions, e.g. within Studios.  I didn't know either wrt the Standards, until I found this one on this forum. Makes a nice change and addition if you already have a standard standard, and not yet a custom. I had also picked up an old Greco custom - which isn't as nice but good enough for me.

Ouch! Hope you make a speedy recovery. I'm not in a rush here to advertise elsewhere. I might be able to deliver / meet somewhere if it's not too far. Please feel free to PM me to discuss.
    Sorry for the delay everyone, I wasn't receiving notifications and have just enabled them

I don't have any guitars / amps in mind at the moment and might put some of the cash towards studio monitors. Of course one can always be tempted...

Ouch! Hope your recovery is all going well. I'm not in a hurry to advertise it elsewhere, so there might be plenty of time. I might be able to meet / deliver if it's not too far. PM me if you'd like to discuss further.

Voxman said:
    Yes, not your run of the mill standard and I did not know either until I saw this one on this forum. I picked up an old Greco Custom last year also. To me what I notice most about these ebony boards vs rosewood is just that they feel different and nice under your fingers. This standard with ebony board would be nice to diversify if you only have a standard standard, and not yet a custom. Perhaps the Greco, although less pretty and a little rougher round the edges, is enough for me, ... or perhaps it isn't.

Cheers and you're right. The tuners were upgraded previously with locking ones and the originals included in the case.
    Sorry for the delay everyone, I wasn't receiving notifications and have just enabled them

I don't have any guitars / amps in mind at the moment and might put some of the cash towards studio monitors. Of course one can always be tempted...

Ouch! Hope your recovery is all going well. I'm not in a hurry to advertise it elsewhere, so there might be plenty of time. I might be able to meet / deliver if it's not too far. PM me if you'd like to discuss further.

Voxman said:
    Yes, not your run of the mill standard and I did not know either until I saw this one on this forum. I picked up an old Greco Custom last year also. To me what I notice most about these ebony boards vs rosewood is just that they feel different and nice under your fingers. This standard with ebony board would be nice to diversify if you only have a standard standard, and not yet a custom. Perhaps the Greco, although less pretty and a little rougher round the edges, is enough for me, ... or perhaps it isn't.

Cheers and you're right. The tuners were upgraded previously with locking ones and the originals included in the case.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    Gorgeous.
    Still available.