Comments

• Cool. It says it has true spillover. I hope that means between presets. I loved the nemesis delay but ultimately got rid of it because it couldn't do spillover between presets.

The strymon big box pedals accomplish this very cleverly by 'recording' constantly and playing back and fading out the last 5 seconds when you switch patches. The H9 can't do it either. I don't see why not. It doesn't require double the dsp to do such a thing. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SA just confirmed over on TGP that it will transition between presets. It also allows for a wet signal to be played over a "held" signal, which is very cool. Dual DSP for two reverb engines.

This is quickly turning into a dream reverb pedal. Hopefully they'll release Nemesis v2 with true spillover and dual DSP too.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9526
    Anyone played one ?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1993
    Wazmeister said:
    Anyone played one ?
    Got excited about it... then never got round to trying one 
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2325
    I would love one as the SA pedals I currently have are awesome. They are, IMO, the new pioneers like TC used to be. However, at £400 I can't justify it. 
  • Anyone played one ?
    I had one for a while, absolutely fantastic, huge amount of power, the plate reverb is a dream, but I stuck with the Big Sky.
  • Big Sky better then?

• Big Sky better then?
    Not a very FB thing to say, but I preferred the Strymon but doesn’t mean it’s better...

Although having the screen and easy to tweak parameters won me over...and the Big sky plate reverb is the best plate reverb there is. FACT... which is more of a FB kind of thing to say.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Appreciate the info chaps :)

Ive just had a boat load of Amazon vouchers for my birfday, so I might try one... :)
  • Big Sky better then?
    Not a very FB thing to say, but I preferred the Strymon but doesn’t mean it’s better...

Although having the screen and easy to tweak parameters won me over...and the Big sky plate reverb is the best plate reverb there is. FACT... which is more of a FB kind of thing to say.
    Ha, I realised that after I said it, sorry! :-)

I like the screen on the Big Sky too. Great unit.

Flint is definitely the best plate reverb though ;-)

• Appreciate the info chaps :)

Ive just had a boat load of Amazon vouchers for my birfday, so I might try one... :)
    Another thing, I did find it a bit easier to dial in the wet/dry mix on the Big Sky as well. It might be just personal bias because tweaking the Strymons is very easy, being very used to them.
  • Big Sky better then?

Ha, I realised that after I said it, sorry! :-)

I like the screen on the Big Sky too. Great unit.

Flint is definitely the best plate reverb though ;-)
    it is a beautiful reverb... more variety from the Big Sky plate though... FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT... :) 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I just, to be honest, dont like it...

Nowhere near the Big Sky, imho. The dual verbs are a lovely touch, and offr some creative options... but the Ventris just sounds a bit cheap, forced, digital I guess.

Just my thoughts anyway; back to Amazon it goes.
    PS - Ive got to say I love the Big Sky, but Im very fond of the Helix HX and the verbs are really good now.
  • Found that the Nemesis added a bit of a digital sheen but I got used to it. I had a feeling the Ventris would do the same, shame.