LP Junior 57 2014 spec

What's Hot
HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15928
anyone know the pot type, audio or linear, and values and the cap value for a 2014 Gibson job?
tae be or not tae be
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15928
    anyone know if the 2014rs have MASSIVE baseball necks?
    tae be or not tae be
    no Gibbo Junior experts?
    tae be or not tae be
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22516
    I'm no expert, but I think the 2014 specs would be the same as my 2011.... 

The neck is chunky, very chunky, but I wouldn't call it MASSIVE.  Having said that, I've been playing Fender Nocaster necks recently which make everything else seem skinny, so I've lost my sense of perspective a bit.

Can't help on the pots or cap.  The pots are Gibson-logo'd - which is probably not historically accurate - and the cap is a bumblebee, I can't see any numbers and I don't have any means of measuring the values.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6887
    Philly_Q said:
    I'm no expert, but I think the 2014 specs would be the same as my 2011.... 

The neck is chunky, very chunky, but I wouldn't call it MASSIVE.  Having said that, I've been playing Fender Nocaster necks recently which make everything else seem skinny, so I've lost my sense of perspective a bit.

Can't help on the pots or cap.  The pots are Gibson-logo'd - which is probably not historically accurate - and the cap is a bumblebee, I can't see any numbers and I don't have any means of measuring the values.

I'm on my mobile at the moment so searching their site is a pain but you should get the specs off the Gibson website.

That 2011 sounds nice @Philly_Q what colour is it?
    Previously known as stevebrum
    @Iamnobody  It's TV White, which I understand is the least popular colour... but I like it!
    edited January 2017

@Philly_Q

Big, but not as mental as a nocaster?

is there taper to the depth at all or does it start THICK?

oh....how'd you get on with the thicker necks Bro?

tae be or not tae be
    I'm loving the big necks!  I've always preferred fattish necks but for years I've been a bit reluctant to try a Nocaster - partly because I thought it might be too fat, partly because I worried if I liked it I might find everything else too skinny! 

The latter turned out to be true, but I find I can get used to the (slightly) skinnier necks again after a while.  I think I can forget about ever buying an Ibanez, though....

Going back to the Junior, it's not as big as the Nocaster (or Ancho Poblano Strat), it starts thick but there is definitely a bit of taper.  I can't measure accurately but I'd say - educated guess - it's very close to 0.90" at the 1st fret and 1.00" at the 12th (whereas the Nocaster is close to an inch all the way along).  Of course it's a bit wider at the nut than a Fender neck.  Not sure how to describe the shape, I'd call it a fat C I suppose.
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    No, it's not Nocaster handful. Although I really wish you'd just fuckin buy one Hoots. In nice way, obviously. 

Think mine was an '08. Wish I'd never flogged it. 
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
    :)
    tae be or not tae be

pots audio?

wiring modern not 50s?

anyone?

tae be or not tae be