SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: Feline Lion Special *SOLD*

What's Hot
AlexHunterAlexHunter Frets: 422
edited January 2017 in Guitars £
Those who know me and this guitar will think I'm mad but I just find myself going to my red Feline as the number one.

All mahogany body, around 7lbs, bareknuckles (I believe Mules from memory), jumbo frets with hiscox hardcase.

I spent several hours yesterday A/B'ing this against every LP type instrument at a certain store in Stonehouse. It outplayed and sounded better than contenders including Anderson Bobcat, Knaggs SSC, PRS 594, Huber Dolphin, RnR Relics Heartbreaker, Eggle Macon SC, Gibson True Historic and Baccus Nautilus. The Baccus was close but the Feline sounded better and the only guitar in the shop that slightly edged the Feline was a Huber Hollow Orca with Brazilian rosewood at £8k. That should give you an idea of the quality bracket this thing sits in.

@ThorpyFX and @BowynMadley can also attest the quality here.

For those reasons I will not let it go for anything less than £1500. Not prepared to ship but could meet in the middle within reason.
Based in S Wales, any questions feel free.
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb195/lefthandgalaxy/IMG_0767_zpsd0ivfzih.jpg
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb195/lefthandgalaxy/IMG_0981_zpstj80yf1f.jpg
1reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11593
    tFB Trader

I spent several hours yesterday A/B'ing this against every LP type instrument at a certain store in Stonehouse.
    It outplayed and sounded better than contenders including Anderson Bobcat, Knaggs SSC, PRS 594, Huber Dolphin, RnR Relics Heartbreaker, Eggle Macon SC, Gibson True Historic and Baccus Nautilus. The Baccus was close but the Feline sounded better and the only guitar in the shop that slightly edged the Feline was a Huber Hollow Orca with Brazilian rosewood at £8k.
    That should give you an idea of the quality bracket this thing sits in.

That is really good feedback - sadly I don't get much chance to do such A/B tests.
    This is a good price  - I do have some others coming through but the price is going to be £2400+ so grab a good deal while you can.

I still loved the quick little clip you made almost as soon as you got it 

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Good lord ... steal at that price. If I had the space I'd be all over this. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • prh777prh777 Frets: 143
    This forum will be the death of me.  How do I make sure I can't see the classifieds again?
  • prh777 said:
    This forum will be the death of me.  How do I make sure I can't see the classifieds again?
    Post some FS ads without a price :)

25reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    I don't have the space and it's a long way from me but that's a hell of a lot of guitar for the money.
  • mburekengemburekenge Frets: 1058
    That looks awesome. Sweet playing too.
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3200
    Anyone need a kidney? 
  • What's the neck profile like on this Alex?
  • It's somewhere between a 50s and 60s profile Rod. Not a baseball bat but not a wide thin.
  • I can indeed attest the quality of this here instrument. 
    Whisper articulate cleans to screaming demon with a perfectly rounded resonant sound. Also the weight of this guitar. It will happily allow you to bang out a 3 hour gig without any shoulder or neck issues. Team that with effortless playability and jonathons innovative neck join you have an absolute steal at that price!
  • Don't think I can justify this considering how well covered I am for guitars in the same ballpark, but I keep coming back for another look.  Does it have coil split options and/or locking tuners?

“To a man with a hammer every problem looks like a nail.”
  • No coil split. Sperzel locking tuners, earvana nut, tonepros hardware.
  • Cheers Alex.  This looks right up my street, but I'm just so well covered in this area now, I'd need to sell something to justify it.
    “To a man with a hammer every problem looks like a nail.”
  • Sold and collected.
  • kjdowdkjdowd Frets: 852
    Thanks Alex.  Great transaction and a quality guitar. Only had a chance for a quick blast but so far very, very impressed. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11593
    tFB Trader
    Well done guys - hope it enjoys it's new home.

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!