UK Government to confirm exit from EU single market in speech on Tuesday

What's Hot

Comments

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    followed by the breakup of the uninted kingdom
    No chance. Scotland can't afford it.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Fretwired said:
    That's 

1. Debateable and
    2. Fast becoming irrelevant. People up here are fed up of the direction the right wing of the Conservative party are determined to force on us all. Theresa May has made it clear she's more interested in pandering to Nigel Farage and the eurosceptics in her own party than acting in the best interests of the entire UK (i.e. Including Northern Ireland and Scotland). Scots increasingly don't want to live in a country where people like Nigel Farage, Theresa May and David Davis are pulling the strings. Given the lack of any kind of creditable opposition in England people are now beginning to feel that there's no other option. 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 10reaction image Wisdom
  • randellarandella Frets: 4165
    Scots increasingly don't want to live in a country where people like Nigel Farage, Theresa May and David Davis are pulling the strings. Given the lack of any kind of creditable opposition in England people are now beginning to feel that there's no other option.

Believe me, there are plenty here in England who feel the same, which is why I was glad IndyRef1 came down on the side of remain.  United front and all that.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
    Fretwired said:
    That's 

1. Debateable and
    2. Fast becoming irrelevant. People up here are fed up of the direction the right wing of the Conservative party are determined to force on us all. Theresa May has made it clear she's more interested in pandering to Nigel Farage and the eurosceptics in her own party than acting in the best interests of the entire UK (i.e. Including Northern Ireland and Scotland). Scots increasingly don't want to live in a country where people like Nigel Farage, Theresa May and David Davis are pulling the strings. Given the lack of any kind of creditable opposition in England people are now beginning to feel that there's no other option. 

No problem. You just need a currency and a central bank and decide where the cuts in public services will fall.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • Fretwired said:
    Fretwired said:
    That's 

1. Debateable and

No problem. You just need a currency and a central bank and decide where the cuts in public services will fall.
    Irony level nearing overload, a Brexiter warning a country not to do something out of principle because it might be financially irresponsible. 

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 17reaction image Wisdom
  • marantz1300marantz1300 Frets: 3107
    edited January 2017
    Scots.
    how dare they leave and break up the union.
    Norhen Ireland is also  on the precipice.
    might be return of theIRA with the boarders returnig
    the west north and midlands will also be winging when they lose their  EU funding.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Irony level nearing overload, a Brexiter warning a country not to do something out of principle because it might be financially irresponsible. 

Moan at Brexiteers but at least we made our mind up and voted. Please call a referendum and do the same. And we won't know how financially irresponsible it will be for a while yet. All the doom mongers have been wrong so far with apologies from the BoE and the IMF.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    edited January 2017
    give it time
    it ain't happened yet.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • quarkyquarky Frets: 2777
    edited January 2017

Brexit would actually have to be pretty disastrous to get EU levels of growth over the next decade. The current hole in Scotland's finances would be in a different ballpark.

Out of interest, is there a credible opposition in Scotland to the SNP?

I would have voted to leave if I was in Scotland though.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Fretwired said:

Moan at Brexiteers but at least we made our mind up and voted. Please call a referendum and do the same. And we won't know how financially irresponsible it will be for a while yet. All the doom mongers have been wrong so far with apologies from the BoE and the IMF.
    http://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ctjdx0iWcAAKQsW.jpg
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    edited January 2017

Amazingly we ARE still at present a member of the EU.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4908
    I don't think that will happen in my lifetime.

Mind you, I am 67...

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Fretwired said:

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ctjdx0iWcAAKQsW.jpg
    So what?

I know we haven't had Brexit yet (I made that point endlessly to the whingers on the Brexit thread but was shouted down as doom was around the corner - it wasn't) but George Osborne, the BoE and the IMF said we'd be off to Hell in a hand cart the day after the vote. Didn't happen which is why they apologised - Osborne didn't - he was just lying as usual. In fact the BoE and IMF have been proved wrong more often than right. And I don't think economic Armageddon will happen so there!!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • Leavetardness alert
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MotorhateMotorhate Frets: 238
    Serious question. Can anybody give me a reason (or reason) why we should remain part of the EU? I'm genuinely interested in why people voted remain.
    Guitars: ESP Viper | BC Rich Mockingbird Pro X | Jackson RR5 | Washburn Custom shop Idol | Schecter C1 Stealth | Schecter Blackjack AX-7 | Washburn “Billy Club” Idol | Washburn “Nick Catanese” Idol - Amps: Peavey 5150 60w Combo | Peavey 6505 120w head | Peavey JSX 120w head | Blackstar HT-1 Combo

3reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • olafgartenolafgarten Frets: 1648
    I've always said that the EU is the new German empire, without us as the opposing major power its going to be even worse for the remaining states. 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • I've always said that the EU is the new German empire, without us as the opposing major power its going to be even worse for the remaining states. 
    This

Trump has their number when he says it's just a vehicle for Germany. It's always been about them 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • quarkyquarky Frets: 2777
    edited January 2017
    Motorhate said:
    Serious question. Can anybody give me a reason (or reason) why we should remain part of the EU? I'm genuinely interested in why people voted remain.

They are like an abusive spouse, and if we threaten to leave, they might hit us. Facetiousness aside, stability, and possible economic damage, and I guess some people think the nation state is "done". None of which are enough of a reason for me personally.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MotorhateMotorhate Frets: 238
    Italy and Greece are basically making huge contributions to the German banks and funding the German economy to the detriment of their own country's economies. The EU has indebted generations of people in Greece, more than likely knowing full well that they can rinse that country dry at their leisure.
    Guitars: ESP Viper | BC Rich Mockingbird Pro X | Jackson RR5 | Washburn Custom shop Idol | Schecter C1 Stealth | Schecter Blackjack AX-7 | Washburn “Billy Club” Idol | Washburn “Nick Catanese” Idol - Amps: Peavey 5150 60w Combo | Peavey 6505 120w head | Peavey JSX 120w head | Blackstar HT-1 Combo

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • ewalewal Frets: 2582
    Fretwired said:
    That's 

1. Debateable and

^this 
    The Scrambler-EE Walk soundcloud experience
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom