This LP Buttoned up, or naked?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28280
    Off. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2873
    Always off, pickguards interrupt the curves of a LP and look wrong.
  • Off. But a redburst/ On!
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33725
    merlin said:
    I am an offer. 
    Are you 'buy one get one free'?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    Always off.
    Tomorrow will be a good day.
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10230
    Most definitely off.
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    Off

• Without 
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4718
    edited January 2017
    That deportation prison ship is getting fuller by the minute! D But I think I'm getting contaminated because for some absurd reason in that colouring it's actually beginning to look OK without the pick-guard! worry

I know what's wrong now, seriously - the pickguard, selector ring, and p/up surrounds are white, which is plain wrong with that finish - they need to be black with that colouring!  

I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71960
    Voxman said:

I know what's wrong now, seriously - the pickguard, selector ring, and p/up surrounds are white, which is plain wrong with that finish - they need to be black with that colouring!  
    It's the gold hardware - it has Standard binding and inlays and a rosewood board and gold knobs, so it should have nickel or chrome hardware. If it has gold hardware it should be a Custom, which would then make the finish right. It would still look better with no pickguard though :).

Black Customs don't look too bad with them because they blend in quite well... but even then I prefer them off.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28280
    On ...... but in a different place ...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2744
    On.       Not having a guard is the only flaw on my Axcess. The others have one fitted.  
  • Voxman said:
    That deportation prison ship is getting fuller by the minute! D But I think I'm getting contaminated because for some absurd reason in that colouring it's actually beginning to look OK without the pick-guard! worry

Unfortunately all is cream, there's not a single bit of white on the guitar other than the  lip around the replacement truss-rod cover - but I do get your drift.
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7350
    On on on on on on 
    Red ones are better. 
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3594
    Always on - or I have nowhere for my pinky.

The correct term is after all not pick guard but  Finger rest.
  • SkippedSkipped Frets: 2371
    I like it on. Because I see the whole  as an Iconic design.

If you remove something (the pickguard.....the poker chip......the body binding...)....or add something...... I am thinking, something is not quite right with this picture. But it is none of my business.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/46/0c/5d/460c5d575a261071539dd06d4ae11bc1.jpg

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12314
    Off.

I don't mind pickguards as such, I just wish Gibson didn't put those cream monstrosities on, specially when they don't match the other plastics. 
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3576
    She offered her honour
    He honoured her offer
    And all night long
    He was honour and offer.
  • SkippedSkipped Frets: 2371
    edited January 2017
    Oddly enough....I currently have an uncovered Zebra in the bridge position of a Les Paul....and not only can I tolerate that. I love that look.
    There are lots of those in Beauty of the 'Burst......but not from the factory.

If there is/was a CC model based on a famous and much seen Les Paul without a PG.....I would probably accept that.