Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

I have become a Grandad

What's Hot
ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3586
edited January 2017 in Off Topic
and it's starting to get expensive already.

My first born produced his first born at 33mins after midnight. Charlie was 8.6lbs and healthy.

They tell me he's good looking too.

Did you know the 'official photographer' want's £160 sovs for a few snaps. Don't people remember thier iPhones at a time like this?

I need to lay down in a dark room and come to terms with this, growing old is mandatory but growing up is optional, I must remember that.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Col_DeckerCol_Decker Frets: 2188
    Nice one Gramps

Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Congrats.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33793
    £160?
    Official photographer?
    What?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    How many grandfathers does the newborn have? Can you divvy the cost?

Before anyone points out the obvious, I know kids with 4 grandfathers - 2 biological and 2 by marriage to the grandmothers.
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
  • NikkoNikko Frets: 1803
    ESBlonde said:
    and it's starting to get expensive already.

My first born produced his first born at 33mins after midnight. Charlie was 8.6lbs and healthy.

They tell me he's good looking too.

Did you know the 'official photographer' want's £160 sovs for a few snaps. Don't people remember thier iPhones at a time like this?

I need to lay down in a dark room and come to terms with this, growing old is mandatory but growing up is optional, I must remember that.

These people get on my tits. They just prey on the new, proud parents whose brains aren't yet thinking past how fantastic their new baby is, in order to fleece them for some (more often than not) badly lit, badly taken photos at silly prices. The hospitals shouldn't allow it, but its obviously a way for them to get a piece of the rip-off pie.

My Wife and I were approached by one after the birth of our Daughter, and they got a very sharp 'NO' from me.

...congrats by the way :)

...sorry, went off on one then.

**Signature space available for a reasonable fee. Enquire within**
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4309
    Congrats on the birth of your 1st grandchild. Happy times!

With regards to the photographers, I think they are out of order, as Nikko said. We told them to foxtrot oscar.

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10267
    Congrats.

Amd tell the 'photographers' to do one.
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2168
    Congratulations sir!
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4914
    Many congrats, matey, and "welcome" to little Charlie - he'll be big Charlie before you know it.
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12361
    Congratulations! I didn't even realise that hospital photographers were a thing.  :s
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6059
    Congratulations!
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3586
    edited January 2017
    Thank you all.
    When my kids were born the photographer got told no. Simples. However the Ex wife wanted to make a contribution as did her mother and the daughter in laws family all live in Sconny Botland so would welcome something tantible from the event. So I agreed to go thirds but was not entirely happy.
    But the boy is the thing and lets not get morose at what is potentially a happy event.

I'm not sure I'm ready to be called a grandad but then I'm struggling with adulting some days.

• grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3321
    Congratulations
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3054
    Great isn't it!
    Do as I am and Start putting together a Partscaster for when they are old enough....
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3586
    paulnb57 said:
    Great isn't it!
    Do as I am and Start putting together a Partscaster for when they are old enough....
    Thats a sensible idea - or maybe a birth year guitar which will have a few years 'mojo' by the time I hand it over to the teenager. With any luck he won't be a guitarist and I can keep it. Gas with kids, Yea!
  • SRichSRich Frets: 762
    You can Google 'Baby Photographs' can't you?...........they all look the same etc etc.

OK OK I accept there's differing hues but that's what Photoshop is for surely.

Congrats Gramps!

"There's things I want, there's things I think I want 
    There's things I've had, there's things I wanna have" 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • gubblegubble Frets: 1746

Congratulations !

Agree fully on the photographer side of things. When my daughter was born my other half really wanted the pictures so had them taken - the picture was so bad I sent them one of mine from a not particularly good digital camera to use instead on the keyrings, mugs, etc etc I had to fork out for.

• Congratulations!
  • cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 2553
    Congratulations!