Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Winning Gear... ever??

What's Hot
57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7332
I am always LIKE-ing and entering endless competitions to win spurious gear and all I ever won was the WOODSTOCK DVD from Guitarist magazine and I didn't even know I had entered in for it!

Hmmm -  I wonder what the top prize was that I missed out on...?..... Bloody Woodstock...
<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

Comments

• EdGripEdGrip Frets: 736
    edited January 2014
    I've won two guitars - one was an Epiphone Les Paul standard in black with white binding, which I won in a competition promoting the film Music & Lyrics which fell out of the Radio Times - "send an email with your answer to this address" kind of thing.

The other was a pointy black Jackson V which Father Christams generously gave to me one Christmas Eve on the Regent Guitars forum.
    Each guitar was kept for a while before being sold to different friends of mine for comparative peanuts. I still see both guitars occasionally - the Epiphone is a real looker. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5004
    I won a Marshall book, signed by Jim, in a Guitarist competition many years ago. I've entered loads of other comps with no success.
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • I had a bit of a lucky run for a couple of years and won a squire strat from Xfm, a Seymour Duncan pickup booster pedal from the star letter in guitarist mag (I was amazed myself). A choice of 5 pedals and pedal board from boss (sold all of it except the tremolo and reverb pedals) and a Hughes & kettner tube factor pedal (2nd prize) which was part of a rainbow comp which included concert tickets. I politely declined the tickets. Still got that pedal, don't use it much but it is pretty good!
    The Swamp City Shakers
  • MickMick Frets: 98

Never won anything myself, not ever. :(

I'll be giving two full copies of AmpliTube 3 + 300 bonus credits away soon though in a competition. ;) 

• dean2371dean2371 Frets: 139
    enter everything, won nothing
  • Won a signed Bogner Ecstasy Red from GuitarGuitar...stupidly sold it, although it did make up most of the cost of a new JCA22H.
    <space for hire>
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26927
    I won a canvas of myself from Regent Sounds this time last year, and one of my Cabronita from you lot this year. 

Also got a Fender Mini-Tonemaster amp and a Roger Mayer Voodoo Blues pedal in the last couple of years. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3062
    I won a Boss MT-2 from Total Guitar.

It was a competition where you had to play a tabbed lick down the phone - and I was the best....apparently.

Just recently I also won a couple of disco lights from a company called American DJ.   But they never sent them.  I kept reminding them via email, Facebook etc but heard nothing and gave up in the end...
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24798
    I won a Blackstar HT Drive pedal for writing the star letter in Guitarist one month. I promptly sold it through their free ads....
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3616
    edited January 2014
    Entered quite a few but won nothing. 

Nice to know some people actually do get some wins though.
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696
    I won a free set of elixirs from a guitar company in scotland and a free pickholder from a company in petebourgh. The pick holder was shit and is currently in landfill and thats all ive ever won.
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33783
    I won some tele pickups in the TPDRI fundraiser last year.

• not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    I won a Lovepedal Les Luis this time last year from Andertons (a twitter/Facebook sharing thing).
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7332
    I won a Lovepedal Les Luis this time last year from Andertons (a twitter/Facebook sharing thing).
    Ba$tard!
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
  • MistyMisty Frets: 135
    I won a Boss rackmount tone module, can't remember the model, in a Sound On Sound competition once. Really good it was too, eventually it got sold along with my Atari/Cubase and all the other add-ons. I also won a vintage guitar calendar in one of the guitar magazines. That's it.

• I won a Boss Fender Deluxe reverb pedal and a DD7 delay. Which is nice.
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    I won a Epi Annihilation V...a couple of year ago. That was when i wasn't really entering any contests...since then i started to enter every competition i could, and have won nothing since!
  • The only musical prize I've won was a Gibson Melody Maker Special in a draw at Hartnoll's last year.  It's really quite nice despite being entry-level Gibson, and my only guitar with P90s, which is a bonus.
  • citizen68citizen68 Frets: 172
    Have won a few bits and pieces from magazines but never off Facebook - nice to see someone on here actually winning a FB giveaway
    Seemed like a good idea.....