Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Winning Gear... ever??

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• thermionicthermionic Frets: 9609
    edited January 2014
    I won a set of Roland V-drums in a competition in Sound on Sound. They wanted a musician joke ("no drummer jokes, we've heard them all") as a tie-breaker, so I came up with this:

Two DJs are talking, one says to the other, "fancy coming to the cinema tonight?" 
    The other replies "Hmm, I dunno... Who's the projectionist?"

The weird thing was they phoned up around 18 months after I'd entered the competition. 18 months! I had fun bashing a 4/4 out on them for a while but decided I'm better off programming drums than learning to play them.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2408
    Several years ago I entered a local radio competition and won a Gibson Voodoo Explorer.  I got the call to say I'd won etc which subsequently made me late for work.  I was on my final warning, and to cut a long story short, I lost my job.  My explanation was ignored. Anyway, it took bloody ages to arrive and by the time it did I had to flog it for rent money.  The owner of the local music shop I sold it to robbed me big time, it was brand new and think I got £500 for it.  Feel a bit pissed off now to be honest. It was a nice win and I didn't get to enjoy it  :(
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    I couldn't win a raffle, if I was the only bugger who bought a ticket!
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2877
    Won a copy of mob deeps first album from a Leeky Fresh show ages ago whilst high as a kite.... It was a phone in :)

Saying that it may have been our kid :-/
  • I won:
    A feline guitar
    Carvin amp
    A lag guitar with lights in the fretboard
    Gibson firebird
    And various others I've forgotten about...... Ebay counts as winning the auction right?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12312
    edited January 2014
    blueskunk said:
    Won a copy of mob deeps first album from a Leeky Fresh show ages ago whilst high as a kite.... It was a phone in :)

Saying that it may have been our kid :-/
    Leeky Fresh! blast from the past was that on sunset @blueskunk? I was a Stu Allen Bus Diss kid

"OUR TOSSPOT"
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2877
    Hey @jonnyburgo , haha yes mate it was Sunset :) but i too was a Stu Allen kid , he is a legend :) first real taste of proper hip hop :)
  • Panama_Jack666Panama_Jack666 Frets: 2989
    edited January 2014
    I won some gig tickets through a 'funniest music joke' compo on the Andertons facebook page.

They asked me to PM them with my details. So I did. Several times. And sent them e mails from two different accounts and they still didn't send me the tickets. Then after the gig they were like 'Just seen these messgaes' which I thought was exceptionally shitty.

The joke was;

Why did Bono fall off the stage? He was stood to close to the Edge.

Pretty gash but not many entered!
  • BogwhoppitBogwhoppit Frets: 2754

I won an hairbrush back in the 70s when I was a kid. WTF I was doing entering a competition for an hairbrush is still up for debate. Nonetheless, I used it for many years until my hair fell out.

You win some, you lose some :(

• mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3069
    I missed out on a Flying V in the Daily Mirror but won a runners up prize of a copy of Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure on VHS. Still makes me happy now.

I've won "Hit the Breaks" on Planet Rock a couple of times too. Crap prizes but satisfying to win.

no gear though.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696
    Guitarist usd to do comps but that seems to have all stopped...
  • I won a 2 watt Marshall.

It was fun, leant it to a friend and it never came back.