Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Boss Katana combo ........which one 50 or 100 ???

What's Hot

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72297
    On the bright side, when your digital modelling amp dies irreparably in ten or fifteen years' time, you'll then be able to a buy a new one which is better-sounding, smaller, lighter and louder. That's progress…

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • The one my guy can't get a replacement circuit for is quite new I think....
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ChrisMusicChrisMusic Frets: 1133
    ICBM said:
    On the bright side, when your digital modelling amp dies irreparably in ten or fifteen years' time, you'll then be able to a buy a new one which is better-sounding, smaller, lighter and louder. That's progress…
    And quite possibly cheaper in real terms  :)

Hopefully that's cheered you up a bit @usedtobe   ;)

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GrahamGGrahamG Frets: 87
    I'm only speaking in terms of using Amps for gigging,but if a K50 outlasts the warranty,which it almost certainly will(it's Boss/Roland)for the money they cost chuck it in a skip & buy another =).
    I used a Total of 5 Cube 60 modelers over a period of about 10yrs,3 of them used,using the skip method,i think it was cheap gigging.
    In the end that's where my 2 original AC30s ended up,after 100's of pounds in repairs(over 20 odd years.
    As usual just my own experiences.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    ICBM said:
    And quite possibly cheaper in real terms  :)

Hopefully that's cheered you up a bit @usedtobe   ;)
    Yes, thank you!  :)
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

GrahamG said:
    I'm only speaking in terms of using Amps for gigging,but if a K50 outlasts the warranty,which it almost certainly will(it's Boss/Roland)for the money they cost chuck it in a skip & buy another =).
    I used a Total of 5 Cube 60 modelers over a period of about 10yrs,3 of them used,using the skip method,i think it was cheap gigging.
    In the end that's where my 2 original AC30s ended up,after 100's of pounds in repairs(over 20 odd years.
    But what about the environment?
     ;) 
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• p90foolp90fool Frets: 31558
    Spikeedog said:
    @GrahamG nice. Anyone know which speakers are in the 50 and the 100. I'm trying one out next week. Oh and the guy that fixes my amps - a real old stager - says I should check if you can get spares for these amps coz some of the other modern SS/ digital modeller type Amps, he can't so he can't repair them!
    By the time it breaks you'll be bored with it and you'll have your eye on something else, and it'll only be worth a tenner even if it still worked. It's the way of the world I'm afraid.
  • GrahamGGrahamG Frets: 87
    usedtobe said:

GrahamG said:
    But what about the environment?
     ;) 
    Well,we recycle everything possible(my wife used to be an Environment Officer)when I said a skip,i meant the electronics recycling skip =)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • I got the Boss Katana 100w 212 today. Great deal at Kenny's
  • Spikeedog said:
    I got the Boss Katana 100w 212 today. Great deal at Kenny's
    let me know how you get on with it. i have one put back for me at absolute music
  • Got a gig N a couple of weeks. Not my noisy band though. Pretty confident it will be fine. Valves will stay at home.
  • TrudeTrude Frets: 914
    I'm gigging my 100 tonight.  Will be running a TC Nova system in the front for Tele Countryness, and will set up an acoustic channel for my Dobro.  Looking forward to seeing how well it handles the double-duty...
    Some of the gear, some idea

Trading feedback here
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mark123mark123 Frets: 1325
    edited February 2017
    Any more feedback on these ? up to now everything seems positive on the 50 and 100w
  • NikkoNikko Frets: 1803
    Ill just add that I had a go with my 50 on Saturday while I had the house to myself( very rare these days), and cranked it up to where I knew that the neighbours would consider keeping a noise diary to back up any complaint they may have had. Beautiful loudness, and sounded fantastic. So glad I got one of these :)
    **Signature space available for a reasonable fee. Enquire within**
    Very tempted by these, for if I ever get to play out, again, although they seem well suited to home use, also. Mind you, I played through a champion 100, in a shop, recently, and that was rather nice, though maybe better suited to playing out, than in, if I never start playing out, again..

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mark123mark123 Frets: 1325
    Right I'm Going for the 50, all online prices and postage are the same ,thinking of going with guitar guitar  ,any better dealers before I pull the trigger ? or are they all the same ?
    I reckon you're fairly safe with any of them. I'm sure GG are fine!

• I'm considering getting one of these - I could release quite a bit of cash by selling some of my pedals and my AC15 and replacing it with a Katana head and small cab. 

I kind of hope they release a mini head and cab for home practice. I'd be well into that. 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • The head has a mini speaker in it for practice
  • Right I'm Going for the 50, all online prices and postage are the same ,thinking of going with guitar guitar  ,any better dealers before I pull the trigger ? or are they all the same ?
    Kenny's Music usually cheaper