At last, quality modelling for luddites

What's Hot

Comments

• Wow - great product on paper especially as you can add your own IRs. Could be an excellent backup unit as well given the size/features.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2352
    Sounds like a good idea, but my only issue with pedals like these is that the plentiful options are hard to navigate when playing live. This is where MIDI is a saviour and its not clear whether or not this has that functionality. The new Chase Bliss and Elektron do this and greatly benefit from it IMO.
  • Sounds like a good idea, but my only issue with pedals like these is that the plentiful options are hard to navigate when playing live. This is where MIDI is a saviour and its not clear whether or not this has that functionality. The new Chase Bliss and Elektron do this and greatly benefit from it IMO.
    Indeed. At the very least, they should have a TRS jack for remote control of the bypass and boost functions. The Bogner Ecstasy pedals do, but I think they're momentary...which just makes life difficult.
    <space for hire>
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7959
    edited January 2017
    Realistically I don't imagine you'd do any navigation of options live, and just use it like any other preamp pedal.  The big advantages being it can be used a lot of different ways (which means you don't need to buy separate pedals for different situations) and can load custom IRs.  And there's unconfirmed speculation on TGP that you could use the power amp sims and a custom IR - which on paper would make it very useful to pair with a preamp pedal of your choice

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/atomic-ampli-fire-box.1784131/
  • Is this a last-in-the-chain pedal to use going into very clean SS amps like JCs?
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    I would use it in to a fx return, a power amp/cab or direct to PA.  looks like a nice direct solution to use with a few pedals.
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2894
    edited January 2017
    Hmm this would probably be better for me than the Helix I was looking at since I'd probably only use 1 or 2 models! Would be interested to play one.
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    I'd quite like to see it as a purely desktop unit with a few basic modulation and delay controls, like the original POD but with up to date modelling.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1993
    definitely easier as a backup 'head' for running DI instead of a whole other amp
  • CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    dindude said:
    I'd quite like to see it as a purely desktop unit with a few basic modulation and delay controls, like the original POD but with up to date modelling.
    Is that not the Amplifire?