Hotcovers - am I being picky?

What's Hot
TrudeTrude Frets: 914
edited January 2017 in Amps
So, I ordered a Hotcovers cover for my Boss Katana 100 combo.  Arrived yesterday.

It's nicely made, and the quality is great.  It's just a bit too tall though, so when in place the top of the amp is about 2 inches below the top of the cover.

First world problem for sure, but it's a bit annoying, especially if I want to put anything on top of it whilst it's being stored.  Every other slip cover I've ever had has been a very close fit, with the handle sticking up proudly for an easy grab.

Thinking of returning it - what would you do?
Some of the gear, some idea

Trading feedback here
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• If it is too tall then tell them and send it back.  All the covers I've had have been a super close fit.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Speak to them - that's not right.  Funnily enough the Cube one I had was a bit baggy too, but all others have been great!
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10396
    Get your missus to take the hem up :)
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    +3  I've got a couple of Hotcovers and they fit snugly -- not too loose, not too tight, literally "just right".
  • chromatunachromatuna Frets: 367
    edited January 2017
    No you are not being picky, if you specified the right amp and dimensions it should fit properly. I am sure they will sort you out
    This is the truth from hillbilly guitars!
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2749
    Scissors.

or send it back and they will sort it.
  • AvalonAndyAvalonAndy Frets: 326
    edited February 2019
    Grunfeld said:
    +3  I've got a couple of Hotcovers and they fit snugly -- not too loose, not too tight, literally "just right".
    Delighted for you.   s
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TrudeTrude Frets: 914
    Danny1969 said:
    Get your missus to take the hem up :)
    Could do - also leaves room for growth   =)

Trading feedback here
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    To clarify, it's a perfect fit in terms of girth.  Just a bit too long..... So to speak

Trading feedback here
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Trude said:
    To clarify, it's a perfect fit in terms of girth.  Just a bit too long..... So to speak
    Ohhhhhh, matron!
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3816
    Return it to be shortened
  • AvalonAndyAvalonAndy Frets: 326
    edited February 2019
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16079
    not right ...sounds like they had a generic from another brand templet and thought " that'll do "
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1819
    I have to admit I had a problem with a cover from Hotcovers which I had made for a Cornford roadhouse combo. It fitted nice and snug but the handle hole was misplaced about 2 inches out from where the actual handle on the amp was. I had to give them the dimensions as it was a new amp (at the time) and they had never done one for that amp before. Albeit I did give them accurate dimensions marked up on a JPEG image of it. As you say a first world problem so not a massive issue too but yes annoying but I lived with it.

They are a reputable company and generally produce a quality product so they would gladly take it back I'm sure
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
    Thanks all - I've sent them a message so we'll see what they say.

Trading feedback here
    ...by the way, I bought this via one of their eBay listings with the specific amp model in the title, so I didn't have to take any measurements myself.

Trading feedback here
  • StefBStefB Frets: 2349
    Same thing happened to me with one of their covers for my Marshall AS50D, it's about an inch too tall.  I thought by the time I've paid postage to send it back etc it was hardly worth it so made do.
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5000
    edited January 2017
    StefB said:
    Same thing happened to me with one of their covers for my Marshall AS50D, it's about an inch too tall.  I thought by the time I've paid postage to send it back etc it was hardly worth it so made do.
    I have to admit I had a problem with a cover from Hotcovers which I had made for a Cornford roadhouse combo. It fitted nice and snug but the handle hole was misplaced about 2 inches out from where the actual handle on the amp was. I had to give them the dimensions as it was a new amp (at the time) and they had never done one for that amp before. Albeit I did give them accurate dimensions marked up on a JPEG image of it. As you say a first world problem so not a massive issue too but yes annoying but I lived with it.

They are a reputable company and generally produce a quality product so they would gladly take it back I'm sure
     I can't believe you guys paid good money for something and when it was wrong and not fit for purpose you just kept it and didn't send it back! They're not exactly cheap these covers and if they don't ask for the measurements of your amp but then get the size wrong, why should you have to live with the ill-fitting consequences?

So in answer to the OP, no you're not being picky, send it back and also make them pay the return postage, they got it wrong not you!
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1819
    Well it did fit @fretfinder but the handle was just a bit off centre. Perfectly usable and it was only £30. By the time I returned it and paid postage it wasn't worth it as far as I was concerned. It was for for purpose but then I'm not that picky ;)
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
    Well guys, Hotcovers are clearly a class act, from the response I got. They are sending me a return postage label FOC and will send me out a new cover now I've given them more precise measurements. They were very apologetic, and there was no fuss whatsoever.

Trading feedback here
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom