adverts you really can't stand

What's Hot

Comments

• ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3576
    I've all but given up on terrestrial and satalite TV because of the adverts and general shyte programming/repeats. I have the basic sky package but can't remember the last time I watches something on it, probably combat dealers a couple of weeks ago. I watch some BBC stuff and then hop onto youtube which itself has started to have adverts that you can't blip after 5 seconds (who the hell wants a calor gas tank buried in thier garden)?
    Commercial radio too - I did get involved with local radio in the late 80s when a friend had a slot on air. The adverts were usually made by one bloke and a bunch of sound effects plus any voice passing the cramped studio for extra dimension. That one bloke is now a production exec at a TV commercials company.
    I suspect I'm getting a bit @Emp_Fab as a grumpy old man, which reminds me I must look up @Phil_aka_Pip sometime.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12313
    All those above plus all the bingo/postcode lottery/ candy crush saga bollocks. 
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16253
    Nikko said:
    Anything with Barry Scott in it.
    You know he's not real...
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 

• This is a classic.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • cruxiform said:
    Ravenous said:

GO COMPARE!!!

(Anyone know where I can get the sheet music for this?)

*Bites fist*

Especially that bloke with the glasses who says 'Fantastic!' :(
    My wife's figured it out...she mutes the TV now, to avoid my ranting (which, I'll admit, is probably even more annoying than the twat with the twirly moustache).
    <space for hire>
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 23906
    edited January 2017
    One that I remember

• p90foolp90fool Frets: 31367
    I hardly ever see any tbh, though that betting ad with the luvvy pretending to be a cockney gangster gets on my tits.
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4901
    Ta for that, @NickBotfield - the Tennants ones are pure class!  We went on the brewery tour last year, and at the end you get your free tasters in a little bar where they have a tv showing them all - wonderful!
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11262
    p90fool said:
    I hardly ever see any tbh, though that betting ad with the luvvy pretending to be a cockney gangster gets on my tits.
    Betting ads.

All of them.

Preying on the gullible.
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16004
    FOXY BINGO ..........aaarrrgh
    I also hate the Money Supermarket " strutters " ......even more annoying ..." you're so money supermarket " catchphrase in that stupid bellicose Brian Blessed voice 
    Why do the seemingly average income " normal" family used to advertise washing powders,soap etc etc always live in bright,airy modern designed homes with really nice expensive furniture that look like they cost about £1.5 m especially when the parents are only about 30 years old ? .................have they also won the football pools ?
    Churchill Dog -stupid Voice
    The knowing smile and gentle relief on the face of someone who has to revert to Quick Quid when the reality is some poor unfortunate hard-up ,bailiff -hounded , debt-ridden ,semi-suicidal poor sod has to contemplate being kicked in the nuts by a nasty loan company as a final resort when it will all end in tears eventually !
     Some of the spec -savers are quite funny tho
  • BGGBGG Frets: 688
    Bastard men in shorts and high heels GGGGGGRRRRR !!!
    #thebatesmotelband
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • quarkyquarky Frets: 2777
    BGG said:
    Bastard men in shorts and high heels GGGGGGRRRRR !!!

Yeah those are bloody stupid adverts. Can't remember what they were advertising, but they are just cringe-worthy.
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5112
    Adverts where they entice people to gamble with the experts online.....if I were to gamble, it wouldn't be with the experts  :s
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31367
    scrumhalf said:
    p90fool said:
    Betting ads.

All of them.

Preying on the gullible.
    I agree, I'm generally in favour of the removal of most of the weirdly archaic laws of my childhood, but the deregulation of the gambling industry genuinely worries me.
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24208
    There's one online bingo thing where they portray it as a load of people all having a fabulous time, in some great communal party with laughter and winnings everywhere.  A slight departure from the reality of every one of them actually being sat on their own in silence with their glowing computer screen being reflected in their tears as they realise they've just got even deeper into debt.

Also, I want to personally take aside the unprincipled scum actors who appear in the loan adverts.  What's wrong with these people ?  There's clearly nothing they won't do for money.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
  • Now I quite liked the moneysupermarket add with the twerking guy, but like most adds it's gotten milked a bit too far.
    Even the meerkats are getting boring.
    I hate the oak furniture add, although partly because the main actor lives on our street and does not pick up after his very large dog and is generally a twat when you pass him in the street.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22515
    edited January 2017
    The current crop of reverse-psychology We Buy Any Car ads with people sitting on sofas going "I can't believe they're letting me say this, but you might be able to get a better price selling privately...."

Not only is it patronising bollocks, but you can just sense those bit-part actors thinking this is their big moment in the spotlight, time to really lay it on thick with the feigned astonishment.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16004

Philly_Q said:
    The current crop of reverse-psychology We Buy Any Car ads with people sitting on sofas going "I can't believe they're letting me say this, but you might be able to get a better price selling privately...."

Not only is it patronising bollocks, but you can just sense those bit-part actors thinking this is their big moment in the spotlight, time to really lay it on thick with the feigned astonishment.
    We'll kick you double hard in the bollocks and take your car.com ..................is that who you mean ?
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7329
    edited January 2017
    Philly_Q said:

we steal any car and drive down used market rates.com more like...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom