Fender reissue Wide Range pickup question

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• My 2p worth, I have a Mojo HB sized WRHB in one of my tele's (and another awaiting fitting) and it genuinely sounds brilliant. I never found a neck pickup I could find a use for until these came along.
    My trading feedback can be seen here - http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58242/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FX_MunkeeFX_Munkee Frets: 2477
    I've have a pair of Marcs (Mojo) Wide Range humbuckers that I got to put into a 72 Deluxe that I made. I've never played an original WRHB but if these are anything like them I can see why people extoll their virtues so much.
    I know it's really difficult to describe pickups tones but I'll do my best. They have the clarity of a single coil but with so much more body and punch and I can understand why they called them wide range, they seem to deliver far greater frequencies than other pickups, it's like somebody opened up the other sliders on the eq.
    @GavRichList I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
  • If they're as good as his Jazzmaster pickups I'll be laughing 
  • FX_Munkee said:
    I've have a pair of Marcs (Mojo) Wide Range humbuckers that I got to put into a 72 Deluxe that I made. I've never played an original WRHB but if these are anything like them I can see why people extoll their virtues so much.
    I know it's really difficult to describe pickups tones but I'll do my best. They have the clarity of a single coil but with so much more body and punch and I can understand why they called them wide range, they seem to deliver far greater frequencies than other pickups, it's like somebody opened up the other sliders on the eq.
    @GavRichList I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.
    Marc's WRHB is awesome. Recommendation seconded. 

I found them to be like a brighter humbucker with proper singlecoil clarity and definition and a bit drive, though not as much as a regular humbucker as there isn't the huge midrange emphasis. 
  • JohnPerryJohnPerry Frets: 1620
    I had some originals in my old Tele Deluxe, sadly long gone. Have since had the Lollars and now Mojo Marc's (in a MIJ Tele Deluxe) and much preferred Marc's. Sold the Lollars

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Update: Mojo WRHB fitted. Sounds stunning. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Update: Mojo WRHB fitted. Sounds stunning. 
    This is good news. I'm grabbing a JM-shaped set in the coming weeks :)
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • I'm going to plump for a JM sized humbucker myself. As my project will only have a bridge pickup I think this'll be a good compromise. I'm sure the Jm sized WRs are great too, and I reckon @stickyfiddle will confirm this ;-)
  • I'm going to plump for a JM sized humbucker myself. As my project will only have a bridge pickup I think this'll be a good compromise. I'm sure the Jm sized WRs are great too, and I reckon @stickyfiddle will confirm this ;-)
    I hope so. I should do a demo of the current JM pickups before so I can show you both. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • I grant you that iPhone isn't the best way to capture, but my word this Mojo sounds stunning. 

• BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1770
    @GavRichList sounds great, thanks for recording the demo. How do you ind the balance between the WRHB and the bridge single coil? Does it stop the middle position being usable?
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
  • BigMonka said:
    @GavRichList sounds great, thanks for recording the demo. How do you ind the balance between the WRHB and the bridge single coil? Does it stop the middle position being usable?
    I'd spoken to Marc at Mojo first, and he suggested his Esquire bridge. Doesn't disappoint! Balance is great, and it might be my favourite bridge pickup I've heard. 
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1770
    BigMonka said:
    I'd spoken to Marc at Mojo first, and he suggested his Esquire bridge. Doesn't disappoint! Balance is great, and it might be my favourite bridge pickup I've heard. 
    Great stuff, thanks. I've already got a set of Mojos in my 69-style thinline but quite fancy a WRHB in the neck like yours.
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
  • BigMonka said:
    BigMonka said:
    Great stuff, thanks. I've already got a set of Mojos in my 69-style thinline but quite fancy a WRHB in the neck like yours.
    You wouldn't be disappointed