Quite chuffed

What's Hot
MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
Doing a Info-Sec type course the Ethical Hacking academic society appealed...

But this year nothing was happening :( literally no activity from the society (in conversations with the uni brass the society was about to be deleted due to inactivity for too long) ...

So I organised a coup - no votes, no democratic choice of who does what role... I declared myself El Presidente For Life, then gathered enough people to form a full leadership (and a couple of extras)...

Just 1 week after the Student Union ratified it (still without elections... mwahhaha the Putsch has succeeded) we've managed to snag a Special Agent from the Data Security part of the FBI to come do a lecture, created a Twitter presence, and gained the support of the Faculty, Department and the Student Union... 

I know it's probably boring for you lot, but I'm quite happy that it's actually happening and feels like a bit of a personal triumph that I thought I'd rabbit on about :)
0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27435
    Yes, but ....

who brings the wine???
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    TTony said:
    Yes, but ....

who brings the wine???
    As an academic society we *can* get faculty support... so if we're successful, next time the uni will pay for the wine!! and there will be much druny!
  • Do you have an interest in Web Security? Have you read into OWASP at all? We've had a chap come into our office and do talks and training on it, but can't remember his name right now. I'll dig it out if it's of interest.
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    nice @Myranda ;
    where at?

• NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4908
    You'll be annexing the Sudetenland next...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    Ethical hacking  
     Universe Taylor
    What phone doing  

Do you know my pin

What flavour is the soup?

Backdoor Children Of The Sock
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745

Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12295
    I have literally no idea what this thread is about.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    Nitefly said:
    You'll be annexing the Sudetenland next...

I read that as "You'll be annexing Sunderland next"

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FX_MunkeeFX_Munkee Frets: 2477
    Expect your Twitter account to be hacked in 3, 2...
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
  • randellarandella Frets: 4167
  • MayneheadMaynehead Frets: 1782
    Sounds like you played a key part in injecting life back into the society. I hope your uni authorizes your wine request, and that your role brings certifiable success.
  • MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    Maynehead said:
    Sounds like you played a key part in injecting life back into the society. I hope your uni authorizes your wine request, and that your role brings certifiable success.
    Oh very good! :)

Had worried I'd be double booked as there's a mentoring scheme thing on the same day, but with my commute and the start time for the other thing means I can't make it, so I'll be free for our event

randella said:
    I'm also doing forensics as part of my course so I might need some dark round glasses and a black trench-coat ... especially with how much I'm enjoying the forensic stuff and the cool aspects of it (seriously, a file that can be opened as a Word doc or Excel file just by switching the file extension and having no weird artefacts or nonsense text... or pictures that can contain other pictures... it's awesome!)