• TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7413
    Sold out in 6 minutes O.0 
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1820
    TimmyO said:
    Madness 
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    TimmyO said:
    How many were initially available do we know?
    I don't, I just asked them on the FB page cos I was feeling nosey lol 
    Red ones are better. 
    dindude said:
    TimmyO said:
    How many were initially available do we know?
    100 wasn't it? Robert Keeley will be selling them from his website on May 10th I believe
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2326
    That is a lot of pedals in in 6 minutes. I had one in my cart and realised if I was spending that I'd rather just have one very nice drive pedal with more EQ as I've got countless decent TS/Klon clone type pedals already. £22k in a few minutes. Obviously not in any way all profit but....easy money innit. 
    Dan replied - yes it was 100 

I think it's a great sounding thing - if I wasn't in full Helix-experimenting mode I'd have been after one 
    Red ones are better. 
    TimmyO said:
    Dan replied - yes it was 100 

I think it's a great sounding thing - if I wasn't in full Helix-experimenting mode I'd have been after one 
    They'll be plenty for sale used before the years' out ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • clarkefanclarkefan Frets: 808
    Two Hundred And... wow I could get a certain hyped to hell amp for that...
  • clarkefan said:

A visual sound xo is £170ish quid. So it's still a fair chunk more, for what sounds like a similar pedal (may not be the same circuits but I'll be damned if you can't get similar tones). 

The xo is a modded tubescreamer and a modded Nobel's I think. With lots of ways of tweaking the tone from there.

http://www.northeastguitar.co.uk/visual-sound-v3-premium-overdrive.html?gclid=Cj0KEQjwrYbIBRCgnY-OluOk89EBEiQAZER58qLNowyW3Ee5_Im--ycf-m_eRSVB8E8SWR6IcoYhS40aAlVb8P8HAQ

Top build quality, excellent buffer and apparently near invincible soft switches as standard too. Not limited edition, mind.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    clarkefan said:

A visual sound xo is £170ish quid. So it's still a fair chunk more, for what sounds like a similar pedal (may not be the same circuits but I'll be damned if you can't get similar tones). 

The xo is a modded tubescreamer and a modded Nobel's I think. With lots of ways of tweaking the tone from there.

http://www.northeastguitar.co.uk/visual-sound-v3-premium-overdrive.html?gclid=Cj0KEQjwrYbIBRCgnY-OluOk89EBEiQAZER58qLNowyW3Ee5_Im--ycf-m_eRSVB8E8SWR6IcoYhS40aAlVb8P8HAQ

Top build quality, excellent buffer and apparently near invincible soft switches as standard too. Not limited edition, mind.
    Looks like an interesting pedal that - will check it out ta.
    Red ones are better. 
  • TimmyO said:
    clarkefan said:

Looks like an interesting pedal that - will check it out ta.

It's good. I don't like clean blends on tubescreamer pedals, but i suspect it's there for the high gain fanatics (not sure how needed it is for that though) and bass players. 
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    clarkefan said:
    Still a lot less than people are paying for a secondhand king of tone though.  
    Adam_MD said:
    clarkefan said:
    I'm drawing a blank on the amp reference... ? 
    Red ones are better. 
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    TimmyO said:
    Adam_MD said:
    clarkefan said:
    I'm drawing a blank on the amp reference... ? 
    It's either a deposit on a Louise Electric Columbia, or a Katana I reckon.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    What I get confused about is the mad rush. These will be available on the Robert Keeley website on the 10th May. What the massive rush? There hasn't even been a good demo of it yet. It's not as trhough there will only be 100 made ever?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Mick was playing one at the live event they did - fantastic sound 
    Red ones are better. 
  • steamabacussteamabacus Frets: 1265
    What I get confused about is the mad rush. These will be available on the Robert Keeley website on the 10th May. What the massive rush? There hasn't even been a good demo of it yet. It's not as trhough there will only be 100 made ever?
    Click bait for YouTube 'demo-ers' attempting to feed off the popularity of That Pedal Show?
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    It's been in quite a few episodes of TPS now and they have over 80,000 subscribers im not surprised it sold so quickly.  
  • BBBluesBBBlues Frets: 635
    Agreed! I wonder how many we'll see on eBay in next 2 weeks?