Open Mic Edinburgh

What's Hot
thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4423
Any of you guys know the "best" ones?

We're a 3-piece acoustic covers thingymajig and want to scope sole out over the coming weeks before plunging in.

In addition to the pear tree, check these out:

http://www.outofthebedroom.co.uk/ootb/?page_id=1452

http://openmicfinder.com/UK/Scotland/Midlothian/Edinburgh/

Some specify originals only and some maybe too small for a 3-piece. Also would prefer all the required gear to be there.

Thanks!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    Friend me on facebook and I'll introduce you to some of the guys who run some
    facebook.com/c7ble
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I might jump in on that 'cos I have an acoustic duo getting ready to go in a month or two :)
  • camfcamf Frets: 1190
    Ha! Me too! :)
  • VaiaiVaiai Frets: 530
    edited January 2017
    There's a few in town - Sunday Service in Leith is quite good and Whighams do a Blues jam mid-week but you just put your name down to do a song - We did You Shook Me and it went down great even tho a bit rockier than they normally have lol

My mate had a cracking 3 pc together with another pal who has played with Fish on albums and tour and Albert Hammond, just back from Japanese tour etc and he can't get a gig with that line-up.

Glasgow is better for number of venues, Falkirk has a few wee venues too, we just got a gig at Behind The Wall there. We have had a decent amount of gigs in Alloa, Tillicoultry etc - the pubs thru there enjoy live music - crowds are good and appreciate the band - check our page events page for the places we've played thru there.

Not loads in town tho - a lot of places have the same old faces and some of the gig bookers don't try new ppl too much. I know how much hassle you had with the last band in terms of getting gigs but with an acoustic trio you'll have more options and venues you can try. Let me know when you are playing tho - will get along.

• Thanks, all :)

Unfortunately I'm not on Facebook :(

Sounds like this sort of thing is getting more popular - I'd love to hear you other guys, too.

Those are great suggestions @Vaiai - will look into those, thanks!

• thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4423
    edited January 2017
    On another note I'm also considering a GNR tribute band but it's a lot to take on.

--> a couple years ago I would have been all over this. I knew every GNR song near note-perfect. But now.. with a possible job change, album to finish and acoustic trio on the go.... I'm gonna pass. Unreal, I never thought I would. 

I enjoy the variety too much with the songs we currently do. Doing only GNR might get stale (even though I'm well suited for it) and the thought of learning all those songs again.... Plus, our last band was great when it was good (if you get my drift) but I wasn't satisfied with the number of venues willing to take on a loud 6-piece rock band. I have to ask now if it's worth it. Maybe I do acoustic live and work on my own material on the electric instead like I have been doing (way more satisfying creating proper new content). Damn. For these reasons I seriously have to ask why I need more than one electric. I could get £3k for two and put that towards a car instead. ZOMG, is this the beginning of the end?

Fyi I chatted to a great flamenco busker today and he said he saw my TommySixString channel - happy days :lol: