Les Paul wiring

What's Hot
Hi Guys,

I've removed a pair of Burstbuckers (2wire) from my Les Paul and fitted a pair of BK Mules (4wire)

I've followed the diagram on the BK site and think I've got the wiring right, connected the green and white together etc

I think I have this wired "dependently" for the middle position, if I turn down the either volume, it totally reduces the volume, not just the volume of that pickup

I think I need to swap the pickup wires and switch wires at the volume pots to make it independent in the middle position, is that correct?

http://i63.tinypic.com/35iacsk.jpg

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72308
    Yes - and the tone caps to the middle terminals as well - but it kills the tone if you like to use the volume controls much below a slight reduction. Unless it's a real issue to not be able to turn one pickup right off without using the switch, I wouldn't do it.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HysterHyster Frets: 208
    I might try it just to see, thanks for that
  • shugzshugz Frets: 768
    edited January 2017
    Is it trad 50s you are going for? If so then the diagram I sent on is worth a look too.

Hope the new harness going well. 

Cheers
    Hugh

www.proudhoney.com

• HysterHyster Frets: 208
    Cheers, Hugh, your harness will go in another guitar next weekend hopefully
  • shugzshugz Frets: 768
    No bother @Hyster please just let me know any problems of any but hope you enjoy it.

Cheers
    Hugh

www.proudhoney.com