Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Today's Trumpy Tantrum

What's Hot

Comments

• GarthyGarthy Frets: 2268
    holnrew said:
    I bet Americans wish she couldn't get back in too:

http://imgur.com/gEVZkQ7

She is not exactly pleasant and there is very little sympathy for her.

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    edited January 2017
    My V key is broken
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hywelg said:
    Fretwired said:

Immigration has been good for the UK
    I'd argue, that as one of the prime drivers in population growth, it has not been good for the UK, or England at least. With a 10% increase in population at a time when we need to reduce government expenditure by at least 10% (due to fuckups by previous administrations) there are bound to be conflicting demands.

As we are seeing. Roads, pollution, schools, health services, social services, downwards pressure on wages, et al.
    This happens EVERY time the Conservatives are in power.
    Look how much we are still in debt after years of "austerity" cuts.
    The rich seem to have done ok though.
    Inci
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24298
    As Holn just pointed out, he's just sacked the Attorney General for disagreeing with him. (yeah, I know she was on her way out anyway but it's still a big thing to do).

The man thinks he's king, not president.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    holnrew said:
    Not really, she was appointed by Obama.
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    She was upholding the constitution. Yeah she was on her way out but saying she'd betrayed the department of justice is scary language
    My V key is broken
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • holnrew said:
    She was upholding the constitution. Yeah she was on her way out but saying she'd betrayed the department of justice is scary language

---Yep. Firing an AG is one thing. Accusing an AG of "betrayal" because they refused to follow an instruction they believed to be illegal is terrifying. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Emp_Fab said:
    As Holn just pointed out, he's just sacked the Attorney General for disagreeing with him. (yeah, I know she was on her way out anyway but it's still a big thing to do).

The man thinks he's king, not president.
    Nope. He thinks he's a CEO and the US is one big company. Something that will affect us is the repatriation of tax dollars back to the US. This is money held overseas by US companies - great news for the US economy but bad news for the UK and EU. Markets set to tumble banks in crisis - it was on R4 this morning. Strap yourselves in for the ride of your life.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4530
    Not sure if this is relevant, or even true

http://i.imgur.com/dcvQlBe.jpg
    9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6389
    Might as well make this a sticky thread ;)
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Jalapeno said:
    Might as well make this a sticky thread ;)
    Forum sections for Trump and Brexit might be more appropriate ...

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • KKJale said:
    This is the most interesting - and frightening - thing I have read today.

https://medium.com/@yonatanzunger/trial-balloon-for-a-coup-e024990891d5#.i1h9ndq20

Yep. People need to read this. It might be conspiracy theory bullshit (please God), but Trump and the people behind the scenes have got this far because his opponents think he's a big fat orange joke. Continuing to treat him as such could turn out to be a very serious mistake. 

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• MrBumpMrBump Frets: 1244
    edited January 2017

On a personal note, I as thinking of taking the family to see relatives in the US this summer - I'm not sure I will now, not given the uncertainty there at the moment.  So that's the US and Turkey both off the list...

The US tourism industry is significant - I wonder what impact Trump will have on that?

Mark de Manbey

Trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/72424/
  • To add my thoughts into this (and also asking for advice); 

I feel totally overwhelmed by all of this, I know that I'm not a big fan of trump and the way he conducts himself and forces his views onto others goes against just about everything I believe. 

I'm trying to read un-biased news and not get opinions off of facebook however, a lot of the people who's opinions i care about (they think critically and dont just share click bait) seem to be worried and wanting to take some kind of action. 

Does anyone else kind of feel helpless and without hope in this situation? 
    KKJale said:

https://medium.com/@yonatanzunger/trial-balloon-for-a-coup-e024990891d5#.i1h9ndq20

Yep. People need to read this. It might be conspiracy theory bullshit (please God), but Trump and the people behind the scenes have got this far because his opponents think he's a big fat orange joke. Continuing to treat him as such could turn out to be a very serious mistake. 
    I hope it's unlikely, but the fact it's plausible is scary
    My V key is broken
  • OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    holnrew said:
    Ha, ha ain't karma a bitch,. reminds of the woman whining on Question Time about how she had voted Tory, but was now upset because they were going to cut her tax credits. Obviously, it was ok for to wish to heap shit on others...  =)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • FX_MunkeeFX_Munkee Frets: 2477
    holnrew said:
    KKJale said:

I hope it's unlikely, but the fact it's plausible is scary
    It looked slightly plausible until his latest executive order yesterday, which appears to have flown under the radar, probably due to the media still dealing with the fallout of the ones prior to it.
    Reasonable summary http://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/01/30/us_regulations_executive_order/
    Now I'm back to just thinking he is in fact a complete moron, which is good and bad.
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    edited January 2017
    I agree with Trump in sacking the Attorney General, after all she was only appointed on the 20th January.  Also what she had to say in 2015 is hardly towing the Party line nor very good spirited towards Trump's campaign.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/oct/11/aerosmith-steven-tyler-donald-trump-dream-on-song

Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • GarthyGarthy Frets: 2268
    hywelg said:
    Fretwired said:

Immigration has been good for the UK
    I'd argue, that as one of the prime drivers in population growth, it has not been good for the UK, or England at least. With a 10% increase in population at a time when we need to reduce government expenditure by at least 10% (due to fuckups by previous administrations) there are bound to be conflicting demands.

As we are seeing. Roads, pollution, schools, health services, social services, downwards pressure on wages, et al.
    This happens EVERY time the Conservatives are in power.
    Look how much we are still in debt after years of "austerity" cuts.
    The rich seem to have done ok though.
    Inci
    Well we are still in debt because a) Labour spent more than the country earned for 13 years, b) bought several insolvent banks at well over market value and c) despite 'austerity' the Tories are also spending more than the country earns, to a lesser degree because whinging cuntbags have the financial acumen of someone who thinks Wonga is a great place to borrow money from long term.

1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6264
    @Garthy, you missed the other clanger - selling a load of gold reserves at comically low prices, oh, and waging a couple of very expensive and largely pointless wars
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom