Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Today's Trumpy Tantrum

What's Hot

Comments

• GarthyGarthy Frets: 2268
    Snap said:
    @Garthy, you missed the other clanger - selling a load of gold reserves at comically low prices, oh, and waging a couple of very expensive and largely pointless wars
    The sale of gold advertised months in advance? I'd like to know how much gold the politicians bought.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Garthy said:
    hywelg said:
    Fretwired said:

Immigration has been good for the UK
    I'd argue, that as one of the prime drivers in population growth, it has not been good for the UK, or England at least. With a 10% increase in population at a time when we need to reduce government expenditure by at least 10% (due to fuckups by previous administrations) there are bound to be conflicting demands.

As we are seeing. Roads, pollution, schools, health services, social services, downwards pressure on wages, et al.
    This happens EVERY time the Conservatives are in power.
    Look how much we are still in debt after years of "austerity" cuts.
    The rich seem to have done ok though.
    Inci
    Well we are still in debt because a) Labour spent more than the country earned for 13 years, b) bought several insolvent banks at well over market value and c) despite 'austerity' the Tories are also spending more than the country earns, to a lesser degree because whinging cuntbags have the financial acumen of someone who thinks Wonga is a great place to borrow money from long term.

Nobody thinks it's somewhere to borrow from long term, people get desperate because of the cuts and companies like Wonga (the boss of which is one of the Tories biggest donors) are there to fuck them over further.
    My V key is broken
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    holnrew said:
    Garthy said:
    hywelg said:
    Fretwired said:

Immigration has been good for the UK
    I'd argue, that as one of the prime drivers in population growth, it has not been good for the UK, or England at least. With a 10% increase in population at a time when we need to reduce government expenditure by at least 10% (due to fuckups by previous administrations) there are bound to be conflicting demands.

As we are seeing. Roads, pollution, schools, health services, social services, downwards pressure on wages, et al.
    This happens EVERY time the Conservatives are in power.
    Inci
    Well we are still in debt because a) Labour spent more than the country earned for 13 years, b) bought several insolvent banks at well over market value and c) despite 'austerity' the Tories are also spending more than the country earns, to a lesser degree because whinging cuntbags have the financial acumen of someone who thinks Wonga is a great place to borrow money from long term.

Nobody thinks it's somewhere to borrow from long term, people get desperate because of the cuts and companies like Wonga (the boss of which is one of the Tories biggest donors) are there to fuck them over further.
    These 'cuts' are the same spending levels from 2004-2007, the splurge of 2008-2009 was exactly that, an unaffordable splurge. Had that not happened then these 'cuts' would have been called 'the norm' as it was the same over spending as before.
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    holnrew said:

Where did you read that? Venture capitalist Adrian Beecroft has shares in Wonga and donated £500K to the Tories, but he's not the boss, nor is he on the board of the company. Jonty Hurwitz and Errol Damelin are the bosses at Wonga.com.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    edited January 2017
    Well the rest of my point still stands
    My V key is broken
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    Fretwired said:
    holnrew said:

Where did you read that? Venture capitalist Adrian Beecroft has shares in Wonga and donated £500K to the Tories, but he's not the boss, nor is he on the board of the company. Jonty Hurwitz and Errol Damelin are the bosses at Wonga.com.

Exactly, typical leftie comment!  (Stir)

;)

Backdoor Children Of The Sock
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

• This happens EVERY time the Conservatives are in power.
    Inci

I don't mean in the last 10/20 years.

I mean since they were first started.

I'm 60 and they do the same thing every time they are in power.

cuts for the poor, never for them should be their motto

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Octafish said:
    holnrew said:
    Ha, ha ain't karma a bitch,. reminds of the woman whining on Question Time about how she had voted Tory, but was now upset because they were going to cut her tax credits. Obviously, it was ok for to wish to heap shit on others...  =)

I think some of the Leavetards are going to be like this, still wanting their EU handouts.

As for May, out of the single market and now having to kiss Trumps flatulent arse.

He's going to give her a GREAT trade deal,such a nice man.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Octafish said:
    holnrew said:
    Ha, ha ain't karma a bitch,. reminds of the woman whining on Question Time about how she had voted Tory, but was now upset because they were going to cut her tax credits. Obviously, it was ok for to wish to heap shit on others...  =)

I think some of the Leavetards are going to be like this, still wanting their EU handouts.

As for May, out of the single market and now having to kiss Trumps flatulent arse.

What? We give the EU money and they generously give us some back. There are no EU handouts. The UK is a net contributor. When we leave we'll have more cash.

Sits back and waits for the predictable shitstorm and frothing hysteria.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    holnrew said:
    If I had my way Wonga would be wound up. The company exploits people.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6152
    Octafish said:
    holnrew said:

Britain has plenty of leverage with the USA. But does May has the bottle to use it? Prior PMs haven't. Trump certainly would use the leverage if the roles were reversed.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28119
    Also their first load of adverts were really annoying.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    Fretwired said:
    holnrew said:
    If I had my way Wonga would be wound up. The company exploits people.
    It's a truly disgusting concept, no better than drug dealers, I have the same thoughts for the Equity Release scumbags too.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31570
    goldtop said:

Britain has plenty of leverage with the USA. But does May has the bottle to use it? Prior PMs haven't. Trump certainly would use the leverage if the roles were reversed.
    What kind of leverage? Not disagreeing, I genuinely don't know.

Whatever it is we'll need it - a lot of the reassurances we've received about Brexit over the last six months have been about the deals we can do with the US once we're out of the EU's clutches.

That idea has started to look a lot shakier over the last week or so.
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24287
    I think we should do an about-turn, go running back to Europe professing love and promising we won't leave them again and treat the US as an over-familiar weird uncle who you keep at arm's length and avoid any eye-contact with.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RavenousRavenous Frets: 1484
    p90fool said:

There are a few key things beneath the surface of the "special relationship" people forget about - things like the US still has a missile early warning site in the UK I think, and they lease Diego Garcia and possibly other sites.

Militarily, they could go it alone without use of these, but I expect it'd be more expensive to maintain and keep secure.

• OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    edited January 2017
    Fretwired said:

The UK is a net contributor. When we leave we'll have more cash.
    Someone will have more cash. Very much doubt we (the plebs) will get/benefit from any of that money. It will be used to bribe special interest goups, give tax cuts to the rich, syphoned off to dodgy private contractors (which politicians hold a stake in) and ultimately buy the next election. I'm afraid the elite will still be alive and kicking.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
    Emp_Fab said:
    I think we should do an about-turn, go running back to Europe professing love and promising we won't leave them again and treat the US as an over-familiar weird uncle who you keep at arm's length and avoid any eye-contact with.
    We are in the lifeboat getting wet, and you want to get back on board the titanic to listen to the band?  Funnily enough that quote is from an Irish newspaper noting that the Irish are absolutely fucking screwed and they have no self determination to get out of their predicament.
  • OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    Ravenous said:
    p90fool said:

There are a few key things beneath the surface of the "special relationship" people forget about - things like the US still has a missile early warning site in the UK I think, and they lease Diego Garcia and possibly other sites.

Militarily, they could go it alone without use of these, but I expect it'd be more expensive to maintain and keep secure.

What leverage does that give us? It might be more expensive for the US to go it alone miltarily, but it will even more expensive for us. They'll just laugh in our face if we tried that one.
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    We have lots and lots of Ginger People.  That is leverage.  It's as simple as that as I understand it.
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom