Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Today's Trumpy Tantrum

What's Hot

Comments

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Emp_Fab said:
    Jesus - I'm genuinely shocked at the responses here so far.  People actually suggesting that the photo on the left could be a deliberate attempt by the press to distort the truth ??  WTF is wrong with you ?  You think that the press need to engineer things to create a story to attack Trump with ???  FFS !!!

Yeah ... nothing like that ever happens. And it wouldn't happen in the UK as we're so honest in both press and politics, but it did. Blair wanted to go to war with Iraq so there was a march - the organisers claimed 2 million people turned up, the police and Blair said it was around 700,000 and the BBC led with 'anti-war march organisers disappointed with turn out'. Estimates now see to think there may have been as many as 1.5 million. Politics and the press are often in cahoots especially when Murdoch's about.

There's no way there were more people at Trump's inauguration than Obama's, but the press are baiting him (what was the point of the comparison) and got a predictable response -  a little like this thread.

Personally Trump is great entertainment value - he says what he thinks rather than what a spin doctor has told him to say. I'm loving watching leftie liberals get in a lather on Facebook with their OTT virtue signalling ... I'd like to see what he does as I've had it with the smooth snake oil salesmen like Blair, Cameron and Clinton who are frankly cunts.

And go check out JFK's biography. Besides the usual booze, prostitutes and links to the mafia he nearly wiped out the world in an afternoon, but you wouldn't know it from the way he's revered.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    Watch this time lapse

That's stronger, more convincing evidence.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    edited January 2017

Well the answer is obvious isn't it.  There were more people at Trump's inauguration speech, it's just that they were thinner.

As far as Trump goes, he wasn't even in office yet before one of his tweets created 500 jobs in the US that otherwise would have been in Mexico by guilt shaming a large US car company.

Obama continued on with Bush's policies, OK there is the small matter of Congress, but all the same, Trump has already stepped into gear.  Right or wrong, the opinion of the working majority of Americans is that they genuinely dislike Obama care.  Of course it means your stuffed if your cancer comes back after remission on your private health care plan but hey.

You want someone nice and clean in charge of the world's largest superpower?  Like Cameron or Corbyn for example?  It wouldn't work.  They role over quicker than Chamberlain

Backdoor Children Of The Sock
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • quarkyquarky Frets: 2777
    The press ARE amongst the most dishonest people on the planet, IMO, although I totally expect Trump got significantly fewer people at his inauguration and totally agree that his response was unbecoming of a world leader and further evidence of his complete unsuitability for the role. He's a knob, in short.
    Possibly still a historically good crowd by the looks of things

http://www.snopes.com/2017/01/20/obamas-inauguration-crowd-larger-than-trumps/

• I watched the inauguration and it was indeed very muted. Whether or not the Obamas pulled in a significantly larger crowd because they're African American, it was still a larger crowd than for the Trumps.

That Trump is now against the same media that he used to somehow get himself elected is the worrying part. 

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

edited January 2017
    Emp_Fab said:
    Deadman said:
    Any chance of a hidden Trump/politics area on here? All the Brexit shite can go in there too.
    I'd argue this is the most seismic world event in decades.  Hiding it away is ludicrous.  Unless of course you're one of these folk who actually believe that global politics don't affect you.
    I think you'll lose people if the Fretboard turns into the rant board - Brexit forced some out and if we end up with endless Trump threads more will leave .. and it's not the most seismic event in decades. Go check out how the US system works.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24300
    I'm copying this bit again because I edited my previous post and by the time I'd finished typing, a load more posts had appeared ! :

There is a very real danger in ignoring the 'small stuff'.  Allowing him and his surrogates to blather minor untruths unchallenged is to abet his creation of a false reality - exactly as he did in his campaign - stating that America was some crime-ravaged destitute wasteland that only he could save when the facts simply didn't back up his claims.  If he and his team keep repeating the same mantra, then as the election proved, eventually, people accept it as the truth.  He needs that distorted perception of reality to exist in order to justify his bigger actions.  That alone is why we must challenge every discoloured pixel he tries to place on the picture.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7414
    re where this thread belongs, this is why we created Speakers Corner isn't it? 
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
    edited January 2017

I don't really think you or I or most of us really know the facts because:

A:  You aren't an American citizen and

B: You haven't worked in the USA all your life.

And besides if it goes tits up, all we have to do is programme our advanced multi billion pound nuclear weapon guidance systems on course for North Korea or the Atlantic and they'll head straight for the American mainland anyway.

• Trump isn't my favourite subject either but rather than flounce I might just avoid similar threads instead ;)

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    I wouldn't worry anyway Emp, as soon as we're out of the EU, the BBC, Channel 4 News, the internet and the printing presses will shut down and we're all be living in cardboard boxes apparently.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72311
    Fretwired said:

And go check out JFK's biography. Besides the usual booze, prostitutes and links to the mafia he nearly wiped out the world in an afternoon, but you wouldn't know it from the way he's revered. 
    He also got America into Vietnam (contrary to the nonsense Oliver Stone perpetrated), authorised the Bay Of Pigs invasion which both cemented Castro's regime and probably tipped him further into repressive dictatorship even before the Missile Crisis, put nuclear missiles into Turkey to threaten Russia - which is what actually caused the Missile Crisis (again incorrectly blamed on Castro and the Soviets) - and failed to make much progress on civil rights, despite being credited for it - it was Eisenhower who laid the groundwork and Johnson who followed it through.

So a disastrous presidency, really. But he had the good historical fortune to be assassinated, so the legend remains even through the truth is rather different. Ironically, Nixon was actually a much better President.

I genuinely hope no-one tries to kill Trump. I dislike him intensely as a person - due to his behaviour in Scotland, mostly - and I think he could prove quite dangerous on the world stage, but it would be even worse for him to be assassinated… and not just because Pence would become President.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
  • randellarandella Frets: 4168
    What the left needs to do, and quickly, is to start offering an alternative. Shut the hell up about the rest of them and offer something credible that people can get behind. 

The evil, horrid Blair knew it. He didn't carp on constantly about the stinky Tories, he told us what *he* was going to do, turns out he was quite good at it and lots of people voted for him. Three times, in fact. 

He knew what too many on the left seem to have forgotten lately: to compromise you first have to accept that the other lot hold their views in good faith, as that's what they believe is best. Then you tell them what's going to happen on your watch, and it sounds a whole lot more plausible. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • It's clear Trumps tactic is going to be to undermine and delegitimise the press so that they can't hold him to account. 

Strong opposition and freedom of the press to be critical is absolutely vital regardless of who is in office - it leads to better government. The "mainstream media" might not be perfect but compared to off-the-wall loon balls like Breitbart and the Canary they're paragons of virtue. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    It's clear Trumps tactic is going to be to undermine and delegitimise the press so that they can't hold him to account. 

How so? (Serious question not sarcasm).

Most of the US population hates him, so IMHO that's not going to work.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    It isn't a fair comparison.

Obama, the first black president, took over from the chimp like proof of evolution Bush, who was hated by the end of it.
    Trump, the rich pussy grabber, took over from Obama who even with his critics, was generally well liked on the global stage.

What gets me, is how many people want him killed or to fail.  Last thing you want is your own leader to fail, or worse... get Pence in charge. It's your own fault as a country when your leadership vote was between a bigot and a warmonger  

Also, has anyone asked all these feminists marches about Hillary's ties with countries where women can be killed for being raped? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
    joeyowen said:
    It isn't a fair comparison.

Obama, the first black president, took over from the chimp like proof of evolution Bush, who was hated by the end of it.
    Trump, the rich pussy grabber, took over from Obama who even with his critics, was generally well liked on the global stage.

What gets me, is how many people want him killed or to fail.  Last thing you want is your own leader to fail, or worse... get Pence in charge. It's your own fault as a country when your leadership vote was between a bigot and a warmonger  

Also, has anyone asked all these feminists marches about Hillary's ties with countries where women can be killed for being raped? 
    Have a wis ...

And this was never dealt with properly ...

http://metro.co.uk/2016/01/08/former-staffer-accuses-bill-clinton-of-rape-and-hillary-of-silencing-her-5609171/

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844
    Sambostar said:

No photographs of the actual crowd at the inauguration nor any official crowd counts as yet though eh.

But a few facts.

Obama was black which was a first.

Obama's supporters were either mostly on welfare or leftie feminist housewives or students and many were bussed in.

The folk who voted for Trump were working at the time or in far away disenfranchised areas of the US without the financial means to travel to see his inauguration.

And another small but important fact.  Trump is not one of the lizard people.

Bullshit. You big mentalist. 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6059
    Sambostar said:

And another small but important fact.  Trump is not one of the lizard people.

Not so sure about that. Those tiny hands point to worrying antecedants.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13940
    who gives a fuck? honestly? When there are the new Celestion IRs to explore with your Helix!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom