New pix . Doggone dog gone. And NPD.

What's Hot
CorvusCorvus Frets: 2925
edited June 2017 in Off Topic tFB Trader

Our ol' boy Marvin was 12 and half and having trouble, half the time we'd have to help him get up. He liked a lie-in on the bed at wkends, so on Xmas day I carried him up the stairs (tricky, heavy chap) for breakfast in bed, and we fed him bits of bacon sarny and salmon bagel, and had a proper Xmas. Boxing Day later he started looking ill, I spent the night with him but as it went on it was clear the time was up.
He went away head in my lap being stroked. At least it was the one bad night and not all drawn out.

http://www.alleykat.co.uk/images/stuff/marvin/watching.jpg

Didn't post at the time because of season of good cheer and all that but it was a bad old time, that.

So my girlfriend started thinking, made a phone call or two, one thing led to another, I missed it entirely being ill & feverish. This fella arrived a few days ago. Meet Django, he's 8 wks old German Longhaired Pointer Very clever and friendly little chap. We've two cats and they're taking to him OK too, thankfully.

http://www.alleykat.co.uk/images/stuff/django/django1.jpg
http://www.alleykat.co.uk/images/stuff/django/django2.jpg
http://www.alleykat.co.uk/images/stuff/django/django3.jpg

0reaction image LOL 13reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13940
    Marvin looked a grand old fella, how sad.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 2553
    Sorry to hear about Marvin but Django looks like a lot of fun!
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12362
    Always sad to lose an old friend. :'( Our lab isn't well at the mo and probably needs a stomach op. I'm fearing the worst tbh. 

Nice looking puppy Bill, happy NPD. 
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16092
    Both lovely dogs ........God bless your old boy......that's very sad to lose an old companion . A home just doesn't feel right without a dog making a nuisance of itself somewhere !
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    Sorry to hear but also HNPD!
  • CorvusCorvus Frets: 2925
    tFB Trader
    Cheers very much fellas, miss old old Marv but it is great to have dogness about the place again.
    @boogieman cheers and all the very best for the op, hope that goes well!
  • Sorry to hear of your loss of Marvin. It's heartbreaking. I'm sure you've so many fond memories though. I'm sure the little chap will cheer you up no end.
  • quarkyquarky Frets: 2777
    Sorry about Marvin. 12 is pretty young, but it is good that it wasn't drawn out.
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4309
    Sad to hear about Marvin. It's shit losing pets. He looks fantastic in that photo - concentrate on the happy memories :)

Your new dog looks beautiful. I made the mistake of showing my daughters, and haven't heard the end of it all morning.

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• gusman2xgusman2x Frets: 921
    Sorry to hear about Marvin. Sounds like he had a fantastic life with you though. Django looks like he's going to fit in nicely.
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844
    Dogs are amazing,  and what a regal old chap yours looked like :) 
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513

Oh that's awful, poor Marvin. I remember him in that pic from some time ago. :(

Django is lovely, though. :)

• DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2168
    Sorry to hear about your loss, he looked like a lovely big fluffy dog. Congratulations on the puppy, and hopefully you've hidden your shoes, tv remotes, socks and anything else that could be considered a dog chew ;)
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
    tFB Trader
    Thanks very much all :) Marv was indeed a big ol' fluffy friendly chap, very optimistic and was great to have around. Django's great but jeez he's on a mission to eat or pinch everything... It's all good. Dogs rock :)
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    Oh, so not about Dogging then...?
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
  • sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1302
    It's rough, your gf has the right idea though.  A dog home isn't complete without a dog in it, and I'm sure that Marvin would agree on that point.
    Here's to the rookie.
    tFB Trader

Dog pics because what's better than messing around with a dog on a sunny day..

Django is embiggening gradually. He's very hyper, too clever, very friendly. Turns on the bath taps, opens back door, opens pedal bin etc. The other week I got out of bed to make a brew and he nicked my place :)

http://www.alleykat.co.uk/images/stuff/django/django_duvet.jpg

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3902
    Poor old Marvin. What's more sad (but equally beautiful) than man's best friend passing away on his master's lap?

Django is a little beaut. He sounds a real character!

I'm about to wash and hose down my best mate in the garden actually. He's gonna love it.

Great pics Bill.