SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD Gretsch White Falcon G6136T-LTV (w/ TV Jones filtrons & bigsby)

What's Hot
TRothTRoth Frets: 10
edited December 2017 in Guitars £

Up for sale is my 2006 Gretsch White Falcon G6136T-LTV

It’s indicative of a vintage looking Gretsch (or the Stephen Stills model) with the aged white nitro finish plus the gold hardware has started to tarnish which adds to that look.

It’s a 2006 model (which I believe to be the first year of this particular model), made in the Japan Terada factory. Accompanied with a pair of TV Jones filtron pickups and a bigsby. It has the trestle bracing which essentially is a way to give the guitar more sustain but control the amount of feedback hollow body guitars are prone to. 

The guitar is in excellent condition with few superficial nicks and blemishes here and there. I’ve made one change by making the master volume knob a tone knob. Three volume knobs is just daft and with this mod you actually have control of the tone

Comes with the Gretsch Guarantee Certificate and hard case. 

http://www.guitarworld.com/review-gretsch-g6136t-ltv-white-falcon-video/25925

http://blog.gretschguitars.com/2013/03/gretschtech-trestle-bracing/

£2250 £2000 and prefer collection from the Manchester area. 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9527
    I recently purcahsed a black 6136 and they are a truly stunning and versatile guitar... GLWTS
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • musicman100musicman100 Frets: 1711
    edited January 2017
    The 60s falcons are actually quite a different beast as they are a different body size n style/ double cut not large single cut like your reissue, so you really can't compare the two.
    but good luck with ur sale tho
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TRothTRoth Frets: 10
    The 60s falcons are actually quite a different beast as they are a different body size n style/ double cut not large single cut like your reissue, so you really can't compare the two.
    The comparison note was to point out the Japanese workmanship and build quality on these guitars as I know people can turn their noses up at non-USA guitars or even be too precious on the whole 'vintage is better' fixation. Thanks. 
  • TRoth said:
    The comparison note was to point out the Japanese workmanship and build quality on these guitars as I know people can turn their noses up at non-USA guitars or even be too precious on the whole 'vintage is better' fixation. Thanks. 
    The Japanese Gretsch are great guitars. The build quality is very good n consistent. 

Vintage isn't always better n that goes for all markers.

• ellangusellangus Frets: 250
    I think you may regret selling this.

I sold a Strat I had some time ago to satisfy the GAS - I then sold the guitar I bought from that sale to buy another.

3 more guitars down the line I'm still chasing the sugar rush and wishing I hadn't sold the Strat.
    Along with many others, I got Scammed by J Collingridge 'Award Winning' Photographer. Full details about his behaviour on this and other forums can be found on this thread. If you have been Scammed by J Collingridge 'Award Winning' Photographer, let us know and even if you haven't, putting a similar message in your own signature will help us warn others.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    ellangus said:
    I think you may regret selling this.

I sold a Strat I had some time ago to satisfy the GAS - I then sold the guitar I bought from that sale to buy another.

3 more guitars down the line I'm still chasing the sugar rush and wishing I hadn't sold the Strat.
    You maybe right but I can't justify keeping it when it's getting minimal playing time and I have other items on my gear list. 
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16089
    TRoth said:
    Jap workmanship is outstanding; why anybody would suspect otherwise of this culture is beyond me ...................
     A true Sushi chef has to train for 6 years just to slice a piece of fish and 9 years with a special license to allowed to prepare and serve Fugu which is still illegal altogether in some prefectures
     Precision is a religion !
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mburekengemburekenge Frets: 1058
    I have the same model. They are unbelievable guitars. Glwts
    I have the same model. They are unbelievable guitars. Glwts
    That it is and thanks.  
    Back on sale. Reduced to £2000.