Thing to do/places to go in Bristol - suggestions needed

What's Hot
Couple of friends and I are off to Bristol this weekend to celebrate someone's 25th birthday and I've never been a big believer in travel guides - they're always filled with the same stuff.

What places have people been to and would recommend? Restaurants, cafes, pubs etc. We're staying for a few nights on Moon Street, near Brunswick Square and Kings Square, according to Google Maps.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2168
    If you like cider head to the Apple which is about a ten to fifteen minute walk away. You're near Gloucester road which is kind of student central. 
    Meatliquor on Gloucester road is a good burger joint (I'm veggie but it's had some really good reviews). And they do some very good alcoholic shakes. 

The old duke and the llandogger are my favourites again on the Welsh back. Good no nonsense pubs. I like to go the rummer hotel for cocktails that's in st nicks market. Really depends what you want to do. I haven't been clubbing in....um 11 years haha 
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • Welsh Back is full of pubs. Old Duke for the win, proper spit and sawdust and music pub. Kongs, King William Ale House, Famous Royal Navy Volunteer... St Nicholas Market for all sorts.

As you're in Moon Street, you are smack in Stokes Croft. Visit Pieminister. Biblos cafe. Blue Mountain. Head to Old Market Street if you fancy a gay pub or two (and the cabaret is great). 

• NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4908
    I always enjoyed the Nova Scotia, although it's a couple of years since I was last there.
  • Hertz32Hertz32 Frets: 2248
    Chance and counters is a nice cafe with a superb selection of board games to spend lunchtime mulling over. Theres a guitar shop up in clifton and a PMT v near the waterfront. 
    I'm a big fan of Brewdog pubs and the brizzle one is no exception, good kitchen and you can use their copy of cards against humantity over a pint at lunch if you ask. 

'Awibble'
    Vintage v400mh mahogany topped dreadnought acoustic FS - £100 
  • If you fancy a quiet pub with a short but well done menu and some excellent alcohol, then visit the Barley Mow. Hands down my favourite Bristol pub. 

http://www.barleymowbristol.com/

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6123
    tFB Trader
    This place is stellar

http://www.spitfirebarbecue.com/

And the brewdog pub is quite cool. Apple cider barge is awesome, 
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • MayneheadMaynehead Frets: 1782

Urban Tandor - best curry in Bristol

Small Bar - best pub in Bristol

St. Nicholas Market - All sorts of weird and wonderful stuff and loads of street food type cafes.