SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: £575 Gibson SG Standard 2012 Black

What's Hot
TheDarkLordTheDarkLord Frets: 34
edited January 2014 in Guitars £
Nice quick sale - that's what I was after (just waiting for the fee transfer and it's off)

For sale, my immaculate and hardly played Gibson SG Standard. With original hardshell case (one of the cool black "snake skin" ones).

£575 or trade for a black Fender USA Telecaster - must have standard single coil pickups and standard controls.

It's a 2012 model in black (or ebony as Gibson call it).
This guitar has never left the house since purchased from DV247. It's been in its case for most of the year with the occasional play. It's only one of my half a dozen guitars. I'm a bass player really and, when I do play guitar, I'm a single coil fan.
Bought on a whim really and need to move on to make room for another Telecaster.
Would prefer local pickup - but can deliver to anywhere in the UK for £10.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/91866150@N00/sets/72157640181946656/
Money, guitars, cars, football, beer and women - roughly in that order.  Also, black things are good.  All hail the Lords Black, Burnel, Cornwell and Greenfield - and Squire Warne.  Currently levelling buildings with a Precision bass for the unrivalled www.daphnedontfloat.com
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    Sweet deal!
  • StefBStefB Frets: 2331
    May I ask what the fingerboard wood is Denis?
  • Yep - rosewood.  Proper - none of the baked stuff here.
    Money, guitars, cars, football, beer and women - roughly in that order.  Also, black things are good.  All hail the Lords Black, Burnel, Cornwell and Greenfield - and Squire Warne.  Currently levelling buildings with a Precision bass for the unrivalled www.daphnedontfloat.com
  • Money, guitars, cars, football, beer and women - roughly in that order.  Also, black things are good.  All hail the Lords Black, Burnel, Cornwell and Greenfield - and Squire Warne.  Currently levelling buildings with a Precision bass for the unrivalled www.daphnedontfloat.com
  • Pretty much the best price I've seen for an Sg standard.
  • BogwhoppitBogwhoppit Frets: 2754

Pretty much the best price I've seen for an Sg standard.

That is a stupid low price. I kept an eye on the prices of SGs over the past few months when I was looking for one. Although you got the oddball well used 90s ones on Gumtree , most on ebay were fetching between £670 and £750...even with the laminate Rosewood boards which virtually all 2012/3 SGs have.

• maw4neumaw4neu Frets: 549
    Thats a bloody bargain . . . . ! ! ! ! 

Id just like to point out that, despite all the video and DNA evidence, it genuinely wasn't me, your Honour  ! 

• samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    damn man...this is a great price...its about 4 months too early for me otherwise i would bit your hand off for it!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MtBMtB Frets: 921
    PM'd
  • HHwarnerHHwarner Frets: 137
    Is this still available?
  • Yes.  Still available.  Only put it up for sale last night.
    Where are you based?
  • BogwhoppitBogwhoppit Frets: 2754
    I have enough SGs, but if I lived within 20 miles of the seller, that would be sitting next to me right now. So get in quick before I decide to visit my long lost nan on the South Coast :)

• Where am I based?  I live in Worthing but I work in Southampton .... so I am able to deliver to lots of places along the south coast (and possibly up a bit) if required.

Quite a distance from me. Im in South Worcestershire, 30 miles south of Bham.

• If you look at my last sale (a Cornford Amplifier) - you will see that I am the total and utter King of packaging.

I'll wrap it up so well (also inside it's hard case) that TNT could drop it onto your driveway from a helicopter - and it will still be fine.
  • I have a black (MiJ) Japanese strat from the 80's with a hardshell case. Maple board. Far from immaculate in regards to condition if I'm honest, but can get detailed pics across at some point. Haven't got any pictures at the minute as I'm at work but it is the guitar being played on my You Tube channel (link in the sig) on Rory Gallagher's - Do you read me. Any interest at all?
  • Hi.  Thanks for the offer.  I'd prefer the cash to be honest - but if the right Tele came along, I could do something .... but it has to be a Telecaster, it has to be black and it has to be Fender.  I'd prefer a USA model, but I'm not averse to MIJ.  I have a brilliant MIJ Jazz, so don't mind those.  I wouldn't want a MIM though.
  • Hi.  Thanks for the offer.  I'd prefer the cash to be honest - but if the right Tele came along, I could do something .... but it has to be a Telecaster, it has to be black and it has to be Fender.  I'd prefer a USA model, but I'm not averse to MIJ.  I have a brilliant MIJ Jazz, so don't mind those.  I wouldn't want a MIM though.
    No problem!

GLWTS!
  • On it's way to a new home pending payment.