Gig bag for my bass

RockerRocker Frets: 4978
I need a gig bag for my bass. To protect it from rain and to afford some protection for it when it is in the car. Thomann sell gig bags, are they any use or could someone please suggest a decent gig bag that does not cost the earth. Thanks
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    You know, until your last sentence we were there.. but then you brought price into it ;)

Mono Vertigo. Absolutely outstanding construction and quality and does the job so well. Costs lots of wonga though..
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24183
    Mono Vertigo 

Brilliant choice. My silly money Marleaux lives in one.
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4978
    edited January 2017
    My bass cost less than a lot of the Mono gig bags listed on Thomann, so taking a max spend of €50, what do you suggest? Thanks.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• SporkySporky Frets: 27985
    Rocker said:
    what do you suggest?
    Finding some more money?

I don't think anyone's willing to tell you that a £50 gigbag is going to protect your bass particularly well.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    Guys, my bass cost €150 and I am considering the deluxe gig sy by Thomann. The purpose of the bag is to protect it from the rain when going from our house to the car and from the car to our music session. Something along the lines of the PRS SE gig bag but for a bass is what I am looking for..

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• speshul91speshul91 Frets: 1397
    I got an andertons probag free with my ibanez, they are pretty good. 
  • KKJaleKKJale Frets: 982
    edited January 2017
    I have this one _ https://www.thomann.de/gb/thomann_e_bass_gigbag_premium.htm?glp=1&gclid=CM2hrMGV4NECFQgq0wodmQkBRg

It'll keep the rain off. The padding doesn't go far enough into the corners to protect the body edges, and after a year of dragging it out to gigs one of the shoulder straps is failing. But the zips are holding, and others seems to like it. 
    Thanks @KKJale, I had a look at that one and there is a cheaper one too https://www.thomann.de/ie/thomann_gigbag_ebass_deluxe.htm

Will decide tomorrow.

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• martmart Frets: 5205
    If you just want to keep the rain off, then you can use practically anything, down to a bin bag.

But if, as you said, you also want some protection in the car, then it becomes a question of budget - the more you spend the more protection you'll get.
  • BodBod Frets: 1298
    edited January 2017
    I got one of these at Christmas, and it's very good quality.  Amazon don't appear to have stock, but I'm sure Tiger aren't exclusive to them.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tiger-Bass-Guitar-Gig-Bag/dp/B005M2V2X0 ;
  • KKJale said:
    I have this one _ https://www.thomann.de/gb/thomann_e_bass_gigbag_premium.htm?glp=1&gclid=CM2hrMGV4NECFQgq0wodmQkBRg

It'll keep the rain off. The padding doesn't go far enough into the corners to protect the body edges, and after a year of dragging it out to gigs one of the shoulder straps is failing. But the zips are holding, and others seems to like it. 
    I've got one of these too. Mine is still going strong and I have no padding issues either. I'd recommend it. Definitely good enough for going in and out of your car. 

Alternatively I have the guitar version of this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252431731477

And its more than decent. I suspect that the bass one will be equally good. 

• Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7762
    The CNB bags are the best budget ones I've used.
    Bought one from Thomann, delivered today. Looks fine and it will keep my bass dry and somewhat protected...

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum