Recommend me a delay pedal

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• juansolo said:
    Basic delay for £100, yep, I can do that.

Boom, thread answered! 

Alternatively, you won't go wrong with a dd2 or dd3. But I wouldn't pass on the opportunity to get something a wee bit special from juansolo :) 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    Gassage said:
    Spent £120 last week on Chiltern Railways and got two delays.

Great value.

Only 2? they normally repeat that by the millisecond.........

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• AndyJPAndyJP Frets: 220
    If you want a simple tape delay that sounds  great I'm selling a deep blue delay. As simple as they come.
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7338
    The Line6 DL4 is on loads and loads of Rig Rundown pro boards - how come no-one ever mentions it as part of theirs here??
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    Digital or Analogue? Which delay would be best for Blues rock lead and a bit of Slapback.
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    markj said:
    Digital or Analogue? Which delay would be best for Blues rock lead and a bit of Slapback.
    Boss dm2.      If you want to stick under 100 get a used W version.   I've just bought another old one - fantastic pedal. 
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7412
    57Deluxe said:
    The Line6 DL4 is on loads and loads of Rig Rundown pro boards - how come no-one ever mentions it as part of theirs here??
    Because they break and we don't have techs 
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TonyRTonyR Frets: 908
    markj said:
    Boss dm2.      If you want to stick under 100 get a used W version.   I've just bought another old one - fantastic pedal. 
    Not mine, but there's one on eBay at the minute for £90 delivered:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Boss-DM-2w-Waza-Craft-Pedal-/142261386478?hash=item211f707cee:g:GXEAAOSw2xRYjesD

I can't imagine it'll be around for long at that price!
    We are all Chameleons...
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    TimmyO said:
    57Deluxe said:
    Because they break and we don't have techs 
    There is often the word 'modded' in front when saying DL 4. Pros also often use the same stuff for ages because it's a familiar sound and format and the DL4 was the first super delay so they bought it and got used to it. People who post their boards on here are also a self selecting sample keen to show off their new purchases. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • AndyJPAndyJP Frets: 220
    markj said:
    I think a Tape Style Delay sounds good for that type of stuff.  But it's all down to personal taste I guess.

You can get a slapback with most delay's.  See the Delay time short (about 90ms), Set the Feedback (no of repeats) to about 1.  Then set the mix to taste.
  • markjmarkj Frets: 914
    I'm going to get a MXR Carbon copy. Any forum member got one?
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    edited January 2017
    markj said:
    I've had one a few times and they've never lasted long (as in, I've sold them on). I've tried to like them but there are plenty better options out there in my book, Obscura for example.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    markj said:
    I'm on my second. For me it's not a good interesting delay, it's a bit tame. Works well as a reverb substitute; I'm not sure that's a completely accurate description but adds a bit of ambience to your sound without drowning it as an always on type pedal. If you want to sound like the Edge or make wacky noises look elsewhere. YMMV. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7412
    I love the CC.

As said above it's not intended to be a 'hey listen to this delay trick' effect (imo) but it excels at doing that thing to solo tones - 300-400ms delay, set for 3 repeats or so, level to taste - awesome lead ambience/echo 
    Red ones are better. 
  • markjmarkj Frets: 914
    TimmyO said:
    I love the CC.

As said above it's not intended to be a 'hey listen to this delay trick' effect (imo) but it excels at doing that thing to solo tones - 300-400ms delay, set for 3 repeats or so, level to taste - awesome lead ambience/echo 
    Just sounds what I'm after.
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1508
    Yeah CC is a one trick pony but it does that trick very well. There's a reason why a lot of the pros use it.