Marshall Lead 75 5275 Foot-switch question

I bought this amp a while back - they sound fantastic for a solid state and are, I believe, actually 100 Watts (not that that is going to make much difference volume wise as a power gain). I also have a Lead 12, again, great overdrive sound.

The 75 didn't come with a foot-switch so I bought a generic Hosa FSC-385 foot-switch for it but it still doesn't switch both the reverb and the boost channel. Anyone know what sort of foot-switch I require for this?

I'm taking the amp out of the combo and turning it into a head with Reverb. I Think it will make a great 2nd amp for taking the effects in a wet dry scenario as the clean wet amp. I couldn't believe when I took the speaker out that Marshall had plonked a massive piece of mdf over the speaker to put the Marshall logo on, I mean, it must have been covering about 25% of the speaker area!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72306
    You need a standard latching 2-button footswitch with a stereo cable. The switching is slightly unusual in that with no footswitch in, you should be able to blend both channels together - but the switching contacts in the jack can get corroded and it sometimes doesn't work properly.

The amp is 75W, not 100. It's rated at a minimum of 8 ohms - the later Lead Mosfet 100 is the same basic circuit but rated into 4 ohms which is why it can produce more power, but it has a bigger power transformer too. Don't try the 75 into 4 ohms, you'll probably fry it.

Did it still have the original Sidewinder speaker? Those are worth quite a lot and often get swapped out for something cheaper.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Hi,

thanks for the help, the foot switch I have should work then I guess. I'll check the jack socket. That explains the power difference then. Yes, I have the sidewinder - its in a separate 1 x 12 cab now. Great speaker. Partly why I bought the amp.