Joao Loureiro performed live at St. Dunstable Church

What's Hot
jmcustomguitarsjmcustomguitars Frets: 102
edited February 2017 in Made in the UK
Joao Loureiro performed live at St. Dunstable Church, London, January 2017 with his José Marques guitar

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• richhrichh Frets: 450
    Sounds very good - you obviously made this guitar for him, so perhaps you'd like to give some details about it?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Hello Richh
    Yes was made by me 

what you wish to know?

woods are
    back and sides Rosewood
    top alpine spruce
    neck cedar
    finnish shellack
    sound hole olivewood

if course her all woods are high quality, but that is obvious :)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • richhrichh Frets: 450
    Very impressive - may be worth moving the thread to another section, such as 'made in the UK' though?
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28116
    I think it'd be nice too if you could post a bit about the guitar; why this model (if it's a fixed model), or why the specs if it's all custom, any specific features, that sort of malarky. :)
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • carloscarlos Frets: 3445
    As a Portuguese guitarist (living in the UK), I'm embarrassed how few other Portuguese guitarists I know.

That was wonderful performance and sound. And yes, this should be in the Made in the UK section.
  • Thank you 

Well sprecs of the guitar i had done some already, like woods

The shape is almost always this one, i had done some different (bigger) but i decided to do 90% of my guitars with this measures.

I dont have a "my model" thing in classical guitars, i just have some ideas that i follow but i do changes wen i believe that will improve that piece of wood.

My guitars (classical) are influenced in some other luthiers, well i believe that in our days is almost impossible not be.

like a traditional classical guitar i use 650mm for the scale, not only but this is the measure that is more loved by the guitarists, of course time to time some musician ask something different like a smaller hand i do smaller scale ;)

i will move this to the made in uk , thak you for the advise

some question please ask
    chears 
  • Lovely sounding guitar Jose, and a fantastic composition.  

How old is the guitar?  
  • thank you earwighoney  

this is is first live show, the guitar was finished about the beginning of this year, i believe the sound will improve a lot in the next few months, well the guitarrist told me yesterday that it improved already a lot since this concert but i didn't listen yet after this