Recommendation for delay

dean111musicdean111music Frets: 278
Sorry i but a second post regarding recommendations (reverb)

But i like to know peoples thoughts.

Is there any delay that can do the dotted eighth and quarter note at the same time. My old Alter ego x 4 did and I'm not sure if the x2 does?

I'm looking for a new delay the can do different subdivisions quarter, eighth, dotted eighth and triplets. Bonus would be to have that 2 delay pattern happening. Tap tempo, and for it to sound musical and inspiring, almost wants to sit behind the playing and not get in the way to much.

Think Andy Timmons sound and tone. 

Visual sound v3 
Trex replica 
Alter ego x 2? (The tap can't be done during playing as it shuts the sound off, right?)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    I didn't think too much of the Visual Sound delay really. The Diamond Memory Lane Jr and Tech 21 Boost DLA are my two current favorites, both musical as you like and offering most of your desired features.
  • You could try for a second-hand Eventide Time Factor - unlike the Timeline etc, they go for about £220-£240 on the SH market. It's basically two delay engines in one (you can run them stereo in parallel or mono in series with a patch cable across them).

Full disclosure: I'm currently stuck trying to decide whether to sell mine or not.
    <space for hire>
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2749
    I'd agree with the time factor- sounds perfect for the op's description. 
  • The new Empress will do that I think but it looks like it will also cost all of the money. All if it. 
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7392
    Dual delays of any tempo or combination of subdivision is very much the Eventide forte. Either in the Timefactor or the H9. 

I remember seeing an Andy Timmons video where he described how he has his 2 delays set and went and achieved it on an H9 2 minutes later. 
    Red ones are better. 
  • DD-500 can do the dual delay thing in series or parallel- you can select tape, analogue or digital delays (affects both delays). It's also possible to have it run any two adjacent presets at the same time, which gives you more flexibility as to how the two delays sound (and would allow you to use two different delay types).

My old Vox Delaylab could too, and was slightly more straightforward to set up, although less flexible.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.